• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ticket Prices 2015-2016

thetrailboss

Staff member
OK, back on topic. Burke just released their day prices...they seem lower than in the past:

$64 for adults
$47 juniors

Vermonter (non-holiday):

$52 adult
$40 junior

New website and the Q is still everywhere :roll:

steamboat1

It's official: walking up to the ticket booth at Stowe will cost you $110 for one day.

http://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/lift/
That's quite a hike considering it was $103 last year if you already had their RFID card. Looks like they won't be charging extra for the RFID card this year & no discount if you already have one. On line tickets went up $3 from $89 to $92.

edit: oops they'll still be charging $5 for their RFID card so the walkup will be $115 if you don't have one.

Newpylong

Whaleback

Weekend & Holidays
Full Day
Adult $43 Teen $32 Jr/Sr $27
Half Day*
Adult $37 Teen $26 Jr/Sr $21
Midweek
Adult $24 Teen $22 Jr/Sr $20
Children 5 & under ski/ride for free
$18 Deals

• Last 2 hours any day, flat rate for all ages
  • Sunday Mornings until 12:30

deadheadskier

Staff member
Or they have a record year along with record complaints about the lifts and finally upgrade Sterling to a HSQ next summer. Unlikely, but you never know.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Stowe is not $122

See here

$110 + $5 RFID cost

What's more ridiculous than $110 pass price at the window is $92 online.

Like other places, they reward you for buying online ahead of time and committing. Only those who spontaneously show up or don't plan ahead pay this higher price. Stowe figures those folks won't care enough about the $18 difference or even know about it. Plus, most people who ski at Stowe, like other destination resorts, are not buying their tickets daily at the window as it is. They are getting them as part of a package or buying them ahead of time. I imagine window sales are not as numerous as they once were.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiNEwhere

Looks like Stowe is taking a play right out of Vail Resorts playbook. Hopefully prices don't increase 65% over a 10 year period with other nearby resorts following their lead as well.

mbedle

Like other places, they reward you for buying online ahead of time and committing. Only those who spontaneously show up or don't plan ahead pay this higher price. Stowe figures those folks won't care enough about the $18 difference or even know about it. Plus, most people who ski at Stowe, like other destination resorts, are not buying their tickets daily at the window as it is. They are getting them as part of a package or buying them ahead of time. I imagine window sales are not as numerous as they once were.

Absolutely correct on that - furthermore, when and if you do buy a ticket at the window, they specifically tell you to keep the card, go online to buy any further tickets, or just signup for bypass. They are trying hard to get rid of selling tickets at the windows. From experience, I never see more than a couple of people in the morning at the Mansfield ticket windows outside. A couple more inside, but most of them are setting up rentals or lessons. Nothing like my local place that has tremendous lines every weekend, even though you can go online and get them cheaper.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Looks like Stowe is taking a play right out of Vail Resorts playbook. Hopefully prices don't increase 65% over a 10 year period with other nearby resorts following their lead as well.
Stowe has always been at the forefront (for lack of a better word) of ticket prices in the East (and the country for that matter). Actually, they've been at it a lot longer than Vail!.

BenedictGomez

I imagine window sales are not as numerous as they once were.

That's true for almost anywhere. Saddens me as a former lift ticket seller.

The upshot is, lift ticket lines are almost a thing of the past.

The only places I've stood in substantial lift ticket lines in the last 5 years are the places that either dont offer significant online discounts (Jay Peak is an example) or they dont have the infrastructure in place.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Except for the cheap season pass part. That's key to Vail's strategy.