• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ticket Prices 2015-2016

Quietman

BMOM is a lot of fun, and so is Mt. Abram. Ski Mt Abram on a Thurs or Fri,$25 Thrifty Thursday & $89 Car Load Friday, then ski Black on the weekend for $29.

JAM614

BMOM skis much more like a solid mid sized mtn than a feeder hill but yet offers feeder hill prices. Some awesome glades you guys are cutting up there.

XWhaler, Thanks. We're all pretty excited to ski the 5 new glades we cut this season. Many features and playful lines worked into the equation. $15 Fridays are a steal if it snows mid-week, plus I think management has talked about scaling back grooming wall-to-wall, making for plenty of POW, in the glades as well as on the main trails.

VTKilarney

Oh please... You must be speaking of only your own personal family experience. They had slope side condos, ski schools, resort restaurants, kids skier development camps, kids race camps, etc.. when your baby boomer dad/mom was ruling the world. The fact that older people spend less than younger people ( for a variety of reasons, not just because they are now on a fixed income ) is nothing new, and hopefully you'll live long enough to be in that group.

Another looming problem is time. The generation that has younger children generally revolves their life around their children. And the activities that the children participate in take up more time than ever. For example, to be competitive, you can't just play baseball in the spring. You now have to play year round.

And parents no longer do what they tell their kids they are going to do. More than ever, kids are dictating what their parents do.

Skiing has benefited somewhat with the proliferation of junior racing. On the other hand, there must be lots of families that don't ski because their kids are booked solid with other activities.

Look at golf, for example. The baby-boomers are simply not being replaced. I don't think that it's a money issue. I think that it is also a time issue. Daddy just can't get out every weekend for six hours to play a round of golf an have a couple of beers in the clubhouse. Junior needs too much attention.

JAM614

BMOM is a lot of fun, and so is Mt. Abram. Ski Mt Abram on a Thurs or Fri,$25 Thrifty Thursday & $89 Car Load Friday, then ski Black on the weekend for $29.

Black Mountain and Mt Abram are offering 1/2 price tickets for Season pass holders of participating areas (6 total). Abrams is great on powder days and looking forward to skiing their new terrain also.

BenedictGomez

Just noticed Whiteface increased their tickets again for this year and it's now $92. This ~$100 ticket nonsense is getting out of hand.

mriceyman

Will it actually ever drop back down? Or will BOGOs and deals just dominate further...

The walk up person will pay heavily while anyone who plans ahead will get some sort of a deal

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I was talking to Ethan at Sugarloaf this weekend and he was telling me that over half.of their skier visits are pass holders. I was surprised it was that much. I guess it's my own perception having rarely been a passholder myself

Jully

The walk up person will pay heavily while anyone who plans ahead will get some sort of a deal

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I would think it would be desirable to make it seem cheap and easy to just wake up one morning and want to go skiing, but if it works it works I guess