• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Benefits of Riding Solo on Chairs

vonski

Okay you can get over your righteous self.

That is being righteous! REALLY. I just get a kick out of all the rich A-swipes that think they can ski. Always thought your posts were insightful never had an issue with you Smelly, but I guess you must stink too. Trying smelling your bowl when your done sitting. See when you work hard and aren't rich but still find the cash and to ski. Its not being righteous.

So, what the poor think on the chair lift is Oh great look at that rich #$#$@ head trying to look good with his heated boots. Kinda like the joe pro fisherman I see when I am out with my little boat and 3 hp motor and I still out fish them.

Sorry, but no tolerance for stupid comments like that on my part.

Smellytele

That is being righteous! REALLY. I just get a kick out of all the rich A-swipes that think they can ski. Always thought your posts were insightful never had an issue with you Smelly, but I guess you must stink too. Trying smelling your bowl when your done sitting. See when you work hard and aren't rich but still find the cash and to ski. Its not being righteous.

So, what the poor think on the chair lift is Oh great look at that rich #$#$@ head trying to look good with his heated boots. Kinda like the joe pro fisherman I see when I am out with my little boat and 3 hp motor and I still out fish them.

Sorry, but no tolerance for stupid comments like that on my part.

Von he was joking and I really doubt he thinks that way. At least i hope he doesn't. I don't think he was trying to start a class war. there are rich people who ski well there are rich people who don't. there are less rich people who ski well there are less rich people who don't. I have never been rich and haven't been really poor. I can't afford the latest and greatest but can usually afford some new gear left over from a few years ago.
Ski season is coming but not soon enough. :)

vonski

Ok, I hope he was joking! My bad if he was! Just touched a never, cause I really struggle to keep myself skiing each year. One reason I love Magic so much! Don't have to deal with folks who forget that their bowels smell just like mine. Hope the Almanac is right again this year so Magic can rock again.

skiNEwhere

Plenty of poor people ski. They're generally referred to as "ski bums."

To be a ski bum, one allocates a substantial part of their income towards skiing (and sometimes drinking), neglecting other aspects of sustaining themselves to achieve this, and therefore presenting an outward appearance of being poor.

skiNEwhere

I wouldn't call most people who are poor & ski bums. In fact there are far more wealthy skiers who I'd call bums.

I think ski bums are generally "roughing it", which is why I don't think the wealthy fall in this category (Unless you consider being up to your eyes balls in debt with the mortgage on your ski house roughing it)

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
It is not about the amount of money you have but the love of the sport you have :) I think there are people who have the dumbest excessive stuff but love the sport so much, I don't mind :)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

Benefits of riding the chair solo...I can chat on my Obama phone without bothering anyone.;)

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
My Old Spear Triple at Ragged Thoughts (soon to be Hornet Double at Tenney Thoughts)

Guess I have time to make another run after this.Maybe not.Unless I bomb it straight down.What if I don’t make it in time?Bomb it anyway.I should take a picture to post on AZone.Look at this idiot.Man am I thirsty.shoulda brought a water bottle.Camel packs are cool.No they suck.Hate cleaning them.Mine tastes like plastic after 20 minutes.Fill it with whiskey!Yeah.Whiskey-A-go-go.That’s what I’d call it.Wonder what Ben is doin.Where’s Scottydogg?Haven’t seen him in like forever.Ishould hit that drop.Look at that idiot.Actually looks pretty good.Oop not so good. Nice digger.I’ll probably do the same under that drop.Take this shot.Wisht I got that head dive in it.Ah forget it.Take it anyway.That looks like a nice line.Follow that line, left after that tree, stay right of the rock, hard left.Look at that idiot.Takin my line!Oop guess that won’t work.Maybe stay on the groomed.Nope.Coming straight down through here.Take a shot of that.Wonder if whiskey would taste like plastic.Is that a one piece?That’s right.Snowplow the entire steep!Uuugh.Idiot!You’re an idiot!No you are!No you are!I AM an idiot.We’re all idiots.Woah!He’s bookin!Stupid racer.Probably thinks he’s cool.Idiot.Why can’t I carve like that?Cause yer an idiot!Maniac a maniac for sure.Got five minutes before lift closes.I’ll make it in two.