• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Line Etiquette

JimG.

Staff member
I've been skiing in Europe every year since 2007. I think times have changed. Lift lines in places like St.Anton, Saalbach, Kitzbuehel, Zermatt, Arosa, etc, are very orderly. Maybe it's because they're all using RFID now & it creates a semblance of order. As to the nationality of the offending skiers- I know it's not the Brits. Most orderly nation of people (when it comes to "queuing")

Brits usually having the most fun too.

soposkier

I always enjoy a safety meeting in the woods than fumbling around on the chairlift.

Cornhead

Once when there on the G my kid picks up a roach from the window sill and asks "What's this?"

So he now knows what a roach is? I leave nothing but my footprints. Ok, maybe some stank. My routine at Stratton, was to burn a j in the gondola first ride up in the morning, it wasn't hard riding solo, no line. I'd then bomb whatever their gondi line is.

One day I was riding the gondola there in the afternoon, it was full. As we approached the top, the conversation ended up on weed somehow, the age difference of the group was quite large. It became apparent that everyone riding got high. We scrambled to partake, and hurriedly got stoned at the tail end of the ride. When the gondola car reached the top, and the doors slid open, a huge cloud came wafting out of the car. Good times, no roaches were left behind, to my knowledge.

VTKilarney

A little off topic, but one time at a church fair that I attended, the little old ladies were handing out "pretty feathers" as a prize. I didn't have the heart to tell them what a roach clip was.

Cornhead

A little off topic, but one time at a church fair that I attended, the little old ladies were handing out "pretty feathers" as a prize. I didn't have the heart to tell them what a roach clip was.

At least they weren't little glass vials with flowers inside, don't ask me why I know about them. Luckily those days are behind me.

Cornhead

I'll be the first to admit that this one went right over my head.

Thank God it did, it's a way to sell crack pipes in convenience stores. In a thick Indian accent, "Would you like chore with that?" I guess they offered a complimentary piece with the "flowers", perhaps there was a charge, Idk.

ScottySkis

Thank God it did, it's a way to sell crack pipes in convenience stores. In a thick Indian accent, "Would you like chore with that?" I guess they offered a complimentary piece with the "flowers", perhaps there was a charge, Idk.

Drugst are bad lol except for Cannibus.