• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smugglers Notch lift opinions

WoodCore

I recall some overzealous locals cutting a "lower Robins" about 15-20 years ago that was almost as bad as "the gash" on Big Jay and needed to be roped off for regrowth.

Yup "The Slash" is what I think it was called. It did look appealing from the lift but there were/still are so many better lines right next-door!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

raisingarizona

The problem with Robin's is its exposure along with the fact that it is pretty much all ledge. Best time to hit it is after a storm or in the spring. I think your map is good but I would take it offline since one of those locations is maintained and thinned out already. I can fill you in by PM if you want.

It's just a google earth image and not a map exposing secret stashes. I didn't give up anything other than a silly daydreaming idea. You're the one that gave up the local hush hush knowledge on the internets of something being there! Anyone can pull up this image and if they are browsing this site I'm sure they know how to do that. Now back to the lift idea. It would cut of a substantial amount of riding time, lame runout ski time, and give it the rights to most bad ass lift "pod" in the east. I haven't skied there since 93 but from what I remember it was some of the steepest lift served in the east. No?

MadMadWorld

Well the spot below drifter is very well known and was almost added to the trail map so whatever. I take offense to a new guy coming in and not giving two shits.

raisingarizona

I was offering to help the guy out if he took it offline but he had to be the tough guy.

Help? Ya I'll let you know if I get back east to ski Smuggs again, it's only been 20 years since I last skied out there. I'm not trying to be a "tough" guy, your post was ridiculous. Sorry dude, but it was. You asked me to pull it because of what? It's a google earth image with no directions or anything suggesting of your stash. Then....THEN you go and expain that there is skiing there!!! Come on man, don't be silly.

dlague

As if we're going to post that NOW?

Why not that type of dialog is always good entertainment. I will go look up some youtube videos and search stuff on Google Earth. Funny thing - I am actually thinking of following tracks into unmarked glades, video taping them and posting them on AZ. It is not like people cannot see tracks going into secret stashes. Many of those young bark eaters follow tracks all the time - my kids did and still do.

MadMadWorld

People can talk about it all they want but do we really need a map with lines on it? Give me a break. I offered to fill the guy in on the location of things if he took down the map. I think that's fair.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, I'm all for sharing information in private. Loosely discussing it in public is fine too. I'll show pictures of terrain in trip reports, but not discuss how to get there.

Trail maps?

yeah no