• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski for free skier incentive program

JAM614

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1440623800.152530.jpg

Black Mountain of Maine new skier incentive program. Interesting concept to gather interest and bring new skiers to Black Mountain (first timers to Black, not beginner skiers). This program was launched late last season but I don't think it gained any traction. Anyone with ties to a ski club could easily earn a free season pass for not alot of effort. Black is a decent mid-sized Mountain with approx 1150 vertical and economical day tickets ($15 Fridays/$29w/e). Worth checking out when all the trails and glades are in play.

More details on their home page; www.skiblackmountain.org

Sorry if this is SPAM, just I find it to be a unique marketing idea worth sharing.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

JAM614

No, first time ever to Black Mtn. Not sure how they'd verify this.

JAM614

Yes, Black Mountain in Rumford, ME is off the beaten path. I wouldn't expect any out of staters to participate in this program. It's a short drive (1/2 hr) from Sunday River and a nice day trip option for black out days/busy weekends.

xwhaler

BMOM is a gem of a mtn--skis bigger than the trail map suggests and incentive or not I encourage anyone to make a visit there.
When snow is good and the glades are all in it's really a fun mtn----check it out on the way up to SR/SL/SB----Hard to beat $15 Friday and $29 wknd tickets.

JAM614

Glade development marches on at Black Mtn. One new glade, Allagash Woods 1, has already been cut this summer and others shown in yellow are planned. The Angry Beavers will be working right up to December so expect to see two more completed. Blacks a great value for hardwood intermediate glades and cruisers.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1440795903.634789.jpg

New Glade for 2015-2016;
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1440795995.175389.jpg

xwhaler

The glade off the Webb/Dead Cambridge should be pretty nice! You guys are doing awesome work. The St John glade was nice last yr but the dbl fall line in there was a bit funky. Keep up the excellent work!

JAM614

Thanks xwhaler. Yes the Webb glade will be a nice addition with a nice little cliffband and a few playful features incorporated. That patch of woods really builds snow. We're working on some East Bowl development also, which will add some steeper 1000 vertical glades into the mix.