• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Manly man skis, get them here...

dlague

Men's race league?

Problem is the skis mentioned my the OP have a huge turning radius (45 M) and are extremely long (219) and are designed for pure Down Hill or Super G courses and most race leagues are more of a side by side GS layout that I find require a quicker turning ski - having been there done that. IMO, no one really needs a pure DH ski.

VTKilarney

Assuming you aren't racing, how could these skis ever be the best choice for skiing in a manner that would not subject you to having your ticket clipped?

This seems to be an attempt to be "manly" by having better gear than logic.

Highway Star

I've skied DH skis on public trails for over 10 years now. Not much worse than having 208cm GS skis back in the 90's.

BenedictGomez

This seems to be an attempt to be "manly" by having better gear than logic.

Used to see this on the tennis courts all the time. Folks with expensive tech they cant possibly take advantage of.

Same with golf clubs, most folks cant generate the clubhead speed to take advantage of the tech.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Used to see this on the tennis courts all the time. Folks with expensive tech they cant possibly take advantage of.

Same with golf clubs, most folks cant generate the clubhead speed to take advantage of the tech.

Better low Tech and skills .....And you always have an excuse if things don't work out as planned .