Where to go?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to go?

Where to go?

Next Sunday, a friend of mine wanted to get together to ride. He lives in Haverhill.

Our original thought was KT but, I was trying to find something a bit different. He is still relatively new to the sport and I'd like to get him a place with nice flow and basically allow him a chance to develop skills all while having some fun. He rides approx 10 miles a shot but its mostly double track. He did ride KT with me once and managed 15 miles but he was cooked and the bonk factor was high.

Highland is a consideration. We could do the "Find your Ride" program. It's only an hour for him and 2.5 for me. I haven't heard about their XC stuff but it seems like a "best of both worlds".

Bear Brook is an option BUT its pretty expansive and, when his legs go, they go.

Other thoughts?

Fort Rock in Exeter, NH?

I don't ride. I do run out there from time to time.

http://www.nemba.org/trails/new-hampshire/fort-rock

Easy 30 minute drive home to Haverhill for your buddy if you kill him

Pretty decent suggestion, thanks! I also forgot about FOMBA which meets MOST of the criteria. Fort Rock doesn't ride as well for newbies but there's a ton of stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    Other thoughts?
    Franklin Falls Dam is great for any level rider. If you go, you have to try Mighty Chicken! I've heard more than one person call FFD "KT-lite" and I'd agree. There's a little bit of everything except long, sustained climbs.

Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, NH
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thanks for the thoughts all. My buddy made the call and decided on Highland. Is anyone around Sunday?

Thanks for the thoughts all. My buddy made the call and decided on Highland. Is anyone around Sunday?
    I might be interested. Downhill or trails?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I might be interested. Downhill or trails?

Im planning on both. Will start the morning in the "find your ride" program and go from there. Never having done the lift thing, Im pretty sure I am going to die.

Im planning on both. Will start the morning in the "find your ride" program and go from there. Never having done the lift thing, Im pretty sure I am going to die.
    WARNING: Lift served mountain biking may cause addiction.

You won't die unless it's from the permagrin. The "find your ride" program is a great way to try it out and may leave you trying to figure out how to get your next fix. At least, that's what happened to me

Sunday you say...I might be in for that.

Sunday is confirmed. Weather is looking GORGEOUS.

Thread Information