• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One Year Anniversary of JP Auclair and Andreas Fransson Passing

dlague

Apogée - Memorial film for Andreas Fransson and JP Auclair

Ironically, in this video JP talks about safety and not being afraid to call it quits. He was certainly a talented skier! They did some crazy lines!

Last edited:

Rushski

JP's street skiing scene was nothing short of amazing. Truly a revolutionary, unique piece of film.

dlague

I have to admit, when I posted this I had only watched about 3 minutes of it. However, last night I used Chromecast and watched it in its entirety on my TV and it is a very good short film accented by interviews that were eerie and to top it off the last images on September 29th 2014 when they were starting their fatal trek. Videography of some of the skiing scenes are awesome too. Very very good watch!

"Life Goes on and how we want it to go on is a choice and even if we want to escape, there is no-where to escape so we might as well make right now awesome"

Andreas Fransson February 13th, 2014

Jcb890

Great film and a nice tribute. I especially liked the run(s) they did around the 13 minute mark with the big walls on both sides and such a small area to turn in. Great shots and scenery also, of course.

I really liked how they talked about safety and not pushing it beyond the limits. That is a great lesson for everyone. It sounds like they were as careful as they could be, but sometimes you can't take into account what nature has in store.

dlague

Great film and a nice tribute. I especially liked the run(s) they did around the 13 minute mark with the big walls on both sides and such a small area to turn in. Great shots and scenery also, of course.

I really liked how they talked about safety and not pushing it beyond the limits. That is a great lesson for everyone. It sounds like they were as careful as they could be, but sometimes you can't take into account what nature has in store.

Can never over plan on the stuff they did. the end was a somber moment - morning of!

Jcb890

Can never over plan on the stuff they did. the end was a somber moment - morning of!

I'm sure you can never over plan and then when you think you have, I'm sure it probably never seems like enough once underway. I agree, it was a bit eerie seeing the video of them heading off into the darkness on their skis with their lights on.

From the reports I've read, their camera crew was basically on an adjacent mountain/cliff/side. I would imagine those guys probably have pictures/video of the whole thing. That has to be absolutely horrible watching that happen to someone, yet being far enough away that you know there is nothing you can do to help them.

Those articles I read though were almost a year old and didn't have a ton of updates beyond October of 2014.