• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hurricane Joaquin

Puck it

You're not considering cancelling?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
No, I want to be able to ski when I want to. I think we will be fine travelling on Sunday. Won't be the first time over there for hurricane. We were there for Floyd.

xwhaler

Have fun in ACK Puck! Probably a real nice time of yr to be over there now that all the yahoos with collars up and sunblock on the nose have gone home.
I spent a summer working over there at Stop & Shop after college before entering corporate life.

xwhaler

I too am tracking this because I have a tee time in Southern ME for early Sunday AM....don;t mind playing in a light drizzle but not heading out if it is a monsoon.

Tin

I didn't want to start it. Last time I started a hurricane thread called the "The Perfect Storm" it turned into Sandy two days later. I still don't think the Euro model can be thrown out yet, (remember the morning of 1/24/2015? LOL?). Still way too many variables and things going on (it's still moving south!). I can see it coming as far north as southern NJ then really roughing up Pennsylvania and NY.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Holy crap... in 16 hours this went from a weak cat 1 making landfall as a TS to a cat 4 making landfall as a strong cat 2.

Can't wait to see the news tomorrow morning. The hype train is leaving the station.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Euro is wrong

from my calculation the path goes as follows.

Attachments

• Joaquin.jpg
    Joaquin.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 82

ScottySkis

I love looking at the winds now. I remember Gloria in 83 was bad where I live in the island of Long .

Puck it

205452W5_NL_sm.gif

bigbog

Great boardsailing, either Kalmas or Nantucket... Now if I can get the corner cleaned out and find a jackhammer to rent...can get the 2nd sump pump(with backup) started/done in time:lol: