USSA Proposes World Cup At Killington - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    I'm guessing this is a one time event anyway isnt it?Wont Aspen get it back the next year?The only reason its up for grabs is because Aspen is hosting the WC's that year.

SIKSKIER

Well, if the event goes really well I'd assume that it could lead to some long term changes to shift something back to the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Well, if the event goes really well I'd assume that it could lead to some long term changes to shift something back to the east coast.
    Well, they seem to be having a problem with snow reliablity and temperatures in the West and Europe....? So maybe eastern events are starting to make more sense with the snowmaking.
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Well, they seem to be having a problem with snow reliablity and temperatures in the West and Europe....? So maybe eastern events are starting to make more sense with the snowmaking.
    That's a good point and a really awesome possibility.

The USSA has expressly stated that they want an eastern race because of the population base. If this is goes off without a hitch, I'm sure you can bet they'll come back starting in 2018. There isn't much draw for an Aspen race especially with Birds of Prey a week away. Now they'll have two races in two markets. $ucce$$.

Much more negative about this over on TGR:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...wned-by-morons
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Much more negative about this over on TGR:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...wned-by-morons
    HS, I see about 2 of the posters over there being negative and I'm guessing from one's comments that would be you. Most of it seemed positive to me. Just go pout in a corner for another 13 months and then we can all see who's doing the crying.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    HS, I see about 2 of the posters over there being negative and I'm guessing from one's comments that would be you. Most of it seemed positive to me. Just go pout in a corner for another 13 months and then we can all see who's doing the crying.
    I can't wait till it's 60F and pouring rain for this event.

I'm sure that's true.

Buddy, that happens over in Europe in the middle of the season as well. Look at Cypress for the Vancouver olympics. And that was February!!! You complain about not getting events at Killington. They get one and now you complain about that. It can rain and be 60F even in January and February. There can be a complete meltdown with temps push 90F mid to late March as there was several years ago and have the entire mountain shuttered. Guess Killington should never try to hold an event, the weather could suck. Killington has a great snowmaking system and the setup on SuperStar is likely one of the best on the planet for a single trail. I don't know what more you could ask for. Holding any ski event is a bit of a risk, no matter what time of the season or location.

Thread Information