• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

USSA Proposes World Cup At Killington

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Buddy, that happens over in Europe in the middle of the season as well. Look at Cypress for the Vancouver olympics. And that was February!!! You complain about not getting events at Killington. They get one and now you complain about that. It can rain and be 60F even in January and February. There can be a complete meltdown with temps push 90F mid to late March as there was several years ago and have the entire mountain shuttered. Guess Killington should never try to hold an event, the weather could suck. Killington has a great snowmaking system and the setup on SuperStar is likely one of the best on the planet for a single trail. I don't know what more you could ask for. Holding any ski event is a bit of a risk, no matter what time of the season or location.

Highway Star need to pull his head out of his @ss! Or maybe just keep it up there, so all we hear then is BWOP BWOP BWOP!

Highway Star

Buddy, that happens over in Europe in the middle of the season as well. Look at Cypress for the Vancouver olympics. And that was February!!! You complain about not getting events at Killington. They get one and now you complain about that. It can rain and be 60F even in January and February. There can be a complete meltdown with temps push 90F mid to late March as there was several years ago and have the entire mountain shuttered. Guess Killington should never try to hold an event, the weather could suck. Killington has a great snowmaking system and the setup on SuperStar is likely one of the best on the planet for a single trail. I don't know what more you could ask for. Holding any ski event is a bit of a risk, no matter what time of the season or location.

No, they are poor managers that are setting themselves up to fail. This kind of thing is too much of a risk, and is going to have far reaching, season long, negative impacts on the skiing for normal customers

drjeff

No, they are poor managers that are setting themselves up to fail. This kind of thing is too much of a risk, and is going to have far reaching, season long, negative impacts on the skiing for normal customers

And yet if they succeed, they'll have a bunch of snow on Superstar as well as at least 1 other trail in the Superstar pod per a post on K's FB page today talking about how the plan will be to have another trail for the public/training available off SS while the worldcup is there, before December 1st, along with what they seem to think can be their usual trail rollout pattern, and a bunch of national and international publicity, and likely a nice boost to their revenue in the form of lift tickets, food and beverage and even hotel rooms, as well as the economic boost to the general Killington area. That has huge upside.

You are correct though, if mother nature isn't cooperative, there certainly is a plenty of downside potential as well. Heck for all we know they could have to cancel a race if a big storm hits and dumps a few feet of snow on the race hill on race day as well. Hosting a Worldcup race is both an honor and a risk

jimmywilson69

The fact that HS gets so worked up about these issues, is concerning. I can see having discussion about it on a ski forum. But expressing his "opinion" on multiple posts across multiple forums makes me think he's highly mentally unstable.

Smellytele

The fact that HS gets so worked up about these issues, is concerning. I can see having discussion about it on a ski forum. But expressing his "opinion" on multiple posts across multiple forums makes me think he's highly mentally unstable.

The collapse of the infrastructure rant of his was better than this one.:blink:

Highway Star

I'm concerned you're a twit. Don't make me call you out for a ski-off.

Quietman

I think that people like this get off on all of attention that they can get, positive or negative, and you guys just can't resist feeding them, over and over and over and over again. Arguing with a troll is a complete waste of time, unless you have a lot of time to waste. I don't!

DFTT

steamboat1

Anyone who posts on the internet is a troll. Take a look in the mirror some day.

Why wasn't Magic considered for this race?

From what I've heard it's awesome

Highway Star

I did not call anyone as specifically being a troll, as that would be feeding said person. Again, please DFTT! :wink:

Well that's good, because I'm certainly not a troll. I'm just an opinionated person that likes to debate on the internet. Making personal insults and labeling someone a troll is just a way to stifle free discussion. If you don't find this discussion of value, or you're not comfortable discussing the topic, feel free to not participate.

yeggous

Well that's good, because I'm certainly not a troll. I'm just an opinionated person that likes to debate on the internet. Making personal insults and labeling someone a troll is just a way to stifle free discussion. If you don't find this discussion of value, or you're not comfortable discussing the topic, feel free to not participate.

You may not be a troll, but my wife is.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Newpylong

Making personal insults

attachment.php

Attachments

• pot-kettle.jpg
    pot-kettle.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 199