• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

USSA Proposes World Cup At Killington

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
LOL love this. Glad I was not crazy remembering skiing Superstar every November. You got me HS, if you only ski part of a trail, it never happened, it was closed the whole time. The tree fell and it really did not make a sound, HS answered the age old question.

Highway Star

LOL love this. Glad I was not crazy remembering skiing Superstar every November. You got me HS, if you only ski part of a trail, it never happened, it was closed the whole time. The tree fell and it really did not make a sound, HS answered the age old question.

As I said, LOWER SUPERSTAR IS (ALMOST) NEVER OPEN IN NOVEMBER. THUS, BY DEFINITION, "SUPERSTAR TRAIL" IS NOT OPEN IN NOVEMEBER. ESPECIALLY FOR WORLD CUP RACING. UPPER SUPERSTAR IS NOT OPEN ALL THE TIME IN NOVEMEBER EITHER.

Hawkshot99

As I said, LOWER SUPERSTAR IS (ALMOST) NEVER OPEN IN NOVEMBER. THUS, BY DEFINITION, "SUPERSTAR TRAIL" IS NOT OPEN IN NOVEMEBER. ESPECIALLY FOR WORLD CUP RACING. UPPER SUPERSTAR IS NOT OPEN ALL THE TIME IN NOVEMEBER EITHER.

So by using this analogy, there are many years when Killington does not open up, and the rest of the years they don't open till some tome in January. If every trail on the mtn isn't open, neither is Killington!!

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org

Got it!!! Lower superstar opens in November but since the headwall and middle portion do not open it doesn't count, right??? Wait, please help me Highwaystar, you are my only hope understanding if a trail is open! I just can't figure it out!

Highway Star

Real strong analysis here folks. Not. Superstar trail has three sections, it is not open (fully open) until all three are open.

Lower Superstar is steep, wide and rocky. They never get it open in November. Let alone by Nov 20th - target date for course prep.

steamboat1

Real strong analysis here folks. Not. Superstar trail has three sections, it is not open (fully open) until all three are open.
So I guess when they open upper East Fall this Oct/Nov along with Rime & Reason it won't really be open.

Brilliant!!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• brilliant_medium.jpg
    brilliant_medium.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 278

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org

Lower Superstar is steep, wide and rocky. They never get it open in November. Let alone by Nov 20th - target date for course prep.

How Highway Star feels when he figured out that Superstar has never been open in November: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjtgdWd67Q

MEtoVTSkier

6 non-consecutive days (I'm guessing so it can drain, set up, be groomed out, and set up again for the next layer) by the end of November... I'm thinking it's not really going to be that big a problem, and probably going to be pretty impressive to watch.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Also sounds like several other resorts are looking into stepping up to provide practice slopes ahead of the race. Stowe, Sugarbush, and Burke. Getting a good strip of snow set on Lower Warren's Way for Mikaela to practice on shouldn't be too hard :).

steamboat1

Vermont’s Killington Resort, the largest ski and snowboard destination in Eastern North America, announced that tickets for the 2016 Audi FIS Ski World Cup will go on sale Tuesday, July 5 at 8:00 a.m. ET at www.killington.com.

Taking place November 26-27, Killington will host the first Alpine World Cup event in the eastern US in 25 years. The World Cup event will include the women’s giant slalom and slalom races and is expected to bring U.S. Ski Team superstars Julia Mancuso, Mikaela Shiffrin and Lindsey Vonn to compete against the best women’s technical alpine skiers in the world.

Killington Resort will offer three tiers of tickets to meet the needs and budgets of all skiing fans. Tickets for Saturday and Sunday events are sold separately. Ticket offerings for the Women’s World Cup events include:

**VIP Tickets – $350**
VIP tickets are located inside a heated tent at the Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar and offer an unmatched vantage point of the course, along with televisions live-streaming the full event. The VIP package includes continental breakfast, gourmet lunch and a deluxe premium open bar. Additionally, VIP tickets provide preferred parking close to the race venue and a World Cup commemorative souvenir, plus a Killington Adult Lift Ticket Voucher for the 2016-17 winter season that can be redeemed without restriction. VIP packages are extremely limited each day of the World Cup.

**SuperFan Level – $75**
The SuperFan package includes Grandstand tickets, along with a World Cup commemorative souvenir and a Killington Adult Lift Ticket Voucher for the 2016-17 winter season that can be redeemed without restriction.

**Grandstand Tickets – $20**
Ticketed Grandstands are located at the base of the Superstar Trail, adjacent to the race course, and are general admission. The grandstand provides a standing room only elevated view of the race course, along with a jumbo screen showing top-to-bottom race coverage. Limited accessible seating access is available in the front row of the grandstand. Grandstand tickets also include a commemorative World Cup access pass.

**General Admission - Free**
In addition to the three ticket offers, there will also be a free access viewing area for all fans to enjoy. The free area provides standing room access near the base of the Superstar trail with a jumbo screen for viewing the full race course.

**Preferred Parking - $20**
Free parking and shuttles will be available around Killington Resort, however patrons can upgrade to a preferred parking pass in the K-1 Parking Bays. Preferred parking passes can be purchased when tickets go on sale for $20 at www.killington.com.

For additional information about Killington Resort and the 2016 Audi FIS Ski World Cup, please visit www.killington.com/worldcup.

fbrissette

Also sounds like several other resorts are looking into stepping up to provide practice slopes ahead of the race. Stowe, Sugarbush, and Burke. Getting a good strip of snow set on Lower Warren's Way for Mikaela to practice on shouldn't be too hard :).

Given that the women will be racing in Austria and Finland the weeks before and heading to Lake Louise after, I doubt we will see Mikaela doing much practising in New England.