• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

USSA Proposes World Cup At Killington

doublediamond

I'm convinced FIS is self-destructive. This is the ultimate gamble in ski event risk-taking.

Why? The vast majority of seasons Superstar Quad is open by Thanksgiving. And USSA is providing rental air compressors dedicated to Superstar and Skylark

steamboat1

But the goal is to have more people not more space to spread out.
Good luck finding a parking spot. K-1 lot will be sold out at 20 bucks a pop. Maybe you could take the shuttle up from Ramshead/Snowshed. Good luck with that. Maybe, just maybe they'll have Caper open so you could take Ramhead 4 over to Snowdon 4 to get to North Ridge. I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:

dlague

Good luck finding a parking spot. K-1 lot will be sold out at 20 bucks a pop. Maybe you could take the shuttle up from Ramshead/Snowshed. Good luck with that. Maybe, just maybe they'll have Caper open so you could take Ramhead 4 over to Snowdon 4 to get to North Ridge. I wouldn't count on it.

That too!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I really couldn't care less. I won't be anywhere near that place Turkey weekend. Doubt I'll watch the event on TV either. Maybe I'll get to see reruns in the Peak Lodge while sipping a Long Trail in Jan.
hrm1M.jpg

machski

Here's my guess at this. I would bet that the terrain expansion will be a bit different this year in that they will push from North Ridge down through Snowdon and push to link and TTB on Rams Head very early on. They will likely prep an upper link to SS if conditions allow, but likely limit that travel til after the race. Of course, if we have a great start to the season, they might have all types of options. Regardless, I think if they do this right, there will be plenty of snow for all. Parking, well that's another Beast all together. Best bet would be to get Bear lot in play somehow. Possibly could use Skyeship base as well with up/download possibly as well.

mister moose

Is anyone planning on going to this? Or at least ski that day and stop by?

Plans at this point is to ski in the am and watch in the pm. Shuttle in from Snowshed. Having seen the modest crowd for the Dew Tour, I'm not expecting shuttle in from Pico level crowds.

drjeff

Is anyone planning on going to this? Or at least ski that day and stop by?

100% on my families radar! Given that the GS on Saturday happens to fall on my birthday, I'd really enjoy watching one of the US Women win on home snow as a nice birthday present! :flag:

drjeff

Killington announced this afternoon that all the VIP tickets and bleacher tickets have sold out as of today! They said they may add more bleachers, but not 100% sure as of yet

Guess the interest is there for sure!

doublediamond

Not going near the place but it could be good the following weekend if they blow a shit load of snow for this.

Not really. They race an basically ice to prevent rutting. Far wetter than normal manmade as they inject water and throw on fertilizer to melt and refreeze the snow. Will provide a great hard base to the glacier though.

Puck it

Not really. They race an basically ice to prevent rutting. Far wetter than normal manmade as they inject water and throw on fertilizer to melt and refreeze the snow. Will provide a great hard base to the glacier though.
Salt not fertilizer.