• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Catskills- Saturday Oct 9? Westkill

ScottySkis

6 miles plus ! 6 the highest in Catskills 3800 feet almost 2000 vertical gain in less then 5 hours good steep but some nice places to recover. Nice views from top great day hiking again with my friend. Mountain Catskills views and pictures so beautiful and nice colorful leaves orange good fun day to be out becare ful on wet leaves. Lots of people also enjoy ing Mary and views from top fantastic. Not far from Bell and Hunter I guess in between both mountain ranges.

Cornhead

Cool, take any pics? Hopefully my knee issues will be resolved by next year and I'll be able to join you on some of your hikes.

Scottyskis2

Aa few years ago I did hardest Catskills peak Windham with great friend s
That was true great experience for us and I got in the best shape of my life and had fun with my great friends from here and other ski forums.
Everyone should do what you enjoy because we don't know when that will stop

In 2015 we all hiked the highest peak in the Catskills Windham which is much better and higher than ski there which just pop up on my Facebook merries I believe that was when I took the summer off after being let go from NYC job with the good cash servant pay.
""Catskills summer 2015 hiking Windham mountain over 3500 elevation mountains!""