• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not New England BUT... Who wants to buy a ski area

drjeff

I think the old adage "if you want to make a small fortune in the ski industry, start with a large fortune!" likely applies!! :lol:

skiNEwhere

3 lifts, 1,400 feet of vert, and 1000+ acres doesn't sounds like a bad deal.

Not to turn this into a ski sundown thread, but they've proved to be quite successful considering the limited resources. With a solid business plan ran by someone with experience and knowledge of the industry, I don't see why it couldn't prosper, especially given the low asking price.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wonder if someone with a bunch of cash buys it and keeps it as a private ski area for themselves. Probably piss off the locals pretty good in the process.

prsboogie

The article said that is what is owed to the bank. Not sure about other debt. And it doesn't say what comes with the purchase

Highway Star

100 inches of natural snow per year and no snowmaking. Sounds like a pretty serious operation.

Mapnut

The trail layout looks awkward, with most of the trails off the upper lift requiring you to ski all the way to the base with some long traverses. However there's huge potential above and beyond the present lift summit, two big east-facing bowls with another 2,300 vertical feet. It's not far from Boise.

skiberg

I have been there. Never skied it, but its not really near anything and they get no snow. Its pretty isolated.