• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016 AZ Summit?

Puck it

You guys would pick an afternoon and night in front of the TV watching a football game versus skiing?!
It is a four drive back anyways and leave around 1 to get home a decent hour for work on Monday.

Tin

It is a four drive back anyways and leave around 1 to get home a decent hour for work on Monday.

Yea I didn't think about that. It is a hike home to work. If it is good and Saddleback is open why not stay an extra day or two though? Only live once.

Puck it

Yea I didn't think about that. It is a hike home to work. If it is good and Saddleback is open why not stay an extra day or two though? Only live once.
I have been taking Thursday and Friday off to ski Cannon and Saddleback on the way up.

Farleyman

Anyone know what the deal with the king Pine and timberline chairs are? I apologize if someone already talked about this.. Just getting back into the zone

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

You guys would pick an afternoon and night in front of the TV watching a football game versus skiing?!

Well the game is at night February 7, 2016 (6 p.m. ET) so I will ski on the same day I just would not want to ski a half day and drive half a day to get back in time. However, that being said, two years ago we skied at Saddleback for the weekend and with the Super Bowl being on that Sunday, we ski for a couple hours on comp tickets at Saddleback, packed up the car in advance and then proceeded home only to realize we enough time to hit up Crotched for a couple more hours on our way to a SB Party. So it can be done.

xwhaler

If you attend the AZ Summit and have concerns abt getting home in time then I highly recommend taking advantage of the 1st Tracks perk that Nick and crew offer.
You can get 5 runs off the SQ (good amt of vertical) in the 1st hour before lifts open to general public.

Loaf is so big that you can bag a serious amt of vertical in a 1/2 day up there and be satisfied.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yup. I have yet to ski later than 2 on the Sunday. That's a pretty full day when you start at 730.

Puck it

Last years drive was fricking horrendous too. Brother in law got back to Albany at 10PM and we left at 11 -11:30AM.

Jully

Anyone know what the deal with the king Pine and timberline chairs are? I apologize if someone already talked about this.. Just getting back into the zone

King Pine terminal has been replaced with a new terminal and will be operational as it was before this year. Timberline had some summer maintenance done on it and will also be operational this year.

MEtoVTSkier