• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 2/10/07

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Sugarbush 2/10/07 with Pics.

Date(s) Skied: Saturday, 2/10/2007

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush, VT

Conditions: Manmade packed powder, some edgeable hard pack, and ofcourse powder. :)

Trip Report: First I'll have to apologize, it's been two years since I've been to Sugarbush and I may not remember all the trails skied (that plus old age ). As a result excuse me if I just generalize.

It’s always a pleasure skiing Sugarbush. Great terrain and friendly service, didn’t disappoint this time either.

Normally we start out at Lincoln Park, this time for the first time, I decided to park at Mt. Ellen. I figured the fresh snow they received in the last few day would last much longer here, I was correct. We started out on Rim Run and I wanted to go down FIS, figured we should find some nice powder here. Didn’t happen, Vee got out in front of me and passed Fis so we skied Rim Run to the first lift, skied down again and took Spinout to FIS. Rimrun was in nice shape groomed fresh snow. Spinout and FIS were both nice fresh powder with very few tracks, Always liked FIS for this reason, fresh pow, solitude, what more can you ask for J . Next we took Bravo to Encore, where we found nice evenly spaced bumps. After this we worked our way over to the Inverness chair where we took a run down Inverness, which was nicely groomed and very fast. Next time out we came down Semi Tough, a nice gladed area for intermediates. Snow was nice soft powder with some water bars for hitting a bit of air. We worked out way down to the lodge, had something to eat and the took the Slide Brook Express over to Lincoln.

At Lincoln the first thing we noticed were the new condos, these weren’t here the last time we were. Damn, that’s an impressive development, good luck with that Win! At Win, we hit one of our favorite runs, Jester to Valley House, Snowball to Spring Fling. Always liked this nice winding run, however it was a bit firm and even icy in spots, this was about 1pm and there is much more traffic at Lincoln. After that we took a ride to the top and took Organgrinder down, a bit firm and some ice in spots but overall nice and smooth and fast. By now it was getting late and we had to catch the Slide Brook back to Ellen. Went to Ellen, a couple more runs and that was our day.

Overall, it was a great day, decided to take it easy, no castlerock or trees, but had a really good time. We went on passes we got from SkiVT, so the price of a lift ticket was $41.66, and when we left the snow was coming down real nice. Been good so far, we've found powder 4 weeks in a row, on 2/22 we're off to Utah, which has just started getting some nice dumps again. Yep been a crappy winter :) .Can’t wait to get back to the bush! Here’s some photos:

P2100007.JPG

P2100008.JPG

P2100009.JPG

P2100017.JPG

P2100026.JPG

P2100031%7E0.JPG

Last edited:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Did you spot the KZoners there?

Nope, I think they lied and weren't there. Actually they were on the Lincoln side, we stuck mostly on Ellen. Which I think I'll be doing from now on. Ellen to the Bush seems to be kind of like Pico to Killington, not as crowded and holds powder longer.

SkiDork

Yeah, looked sweet in the tree, but V wasn't in the mood, so we just took it nice and easy. I'll be going back this year for sure. How's the knee, will you be skiing again this year?

MRI wednesday.

I've gotta borrow some crampons for this coming saturday. Iceman has a competition at Okemo and walkiing up to watch it would be so much easier with them.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
MRI wednesday.

I've gotta borrow some crampons for this coming saturday. Iceman has a competition at Okemo and walkiing up to watch it would be so much easier with them.

Well, it would be nice to see you on skis before the end of the season. Hope it all works out for you.