• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 10/20/15

Despite the ominous forecast we headed up last night. Stayed a our favorite Best Western in Rutvegas. Hit the Killington Corner Deli for the famous Gobbler for lunch, picked up our season pass. First time with a full pass. Yahoo! Rain was ending and skies cleared. Beautiful soft snow, no crowds (heard Monday was busy). Saw Mike S. and thanked him. Conditions were perfect. Some bumps and jumps. Day 1 is in the books.

Attachments

• rime october 2015.jpg
    rime october 2015.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 266

powhunter

Looks great! Yesterday morning ya had to wait for an "empty slot" before ya shoved off because of the crowd!!

Savemeasammy

A line of bumps with no one in the way - nice!

Where are the jump pics?!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

No Jump pictures as we had to weave through the park rats standing around.

Cornhead

I think if I had the choice, I'd take crappy weather, and no crowds, to yesterday's gorgeous weather, and the occasionally over the top crowd. K's sign is spot on, we know you're awesome but... try not to kill anyone.

Maybe I'm touchy since some kid popped the lip from the trees skier's right of the bottom of Superstar last Spring and elbowed me in the head. I'm skiing along, suddenly someone is flying through the air at me from my right. I saw him in time to shield him off with my right forearm. Had I reacted a tad quicker, I would've just sent him flying downhill. His elbow caught me in the side of the head as I pushed him away. He went down, I didn't. I had my tunes on, I asked him if he was OK, I didn't hear his answer, I just said, "not cool man", and skied away. He did ring my bell a little, no helmet, no hair.

I heard from someone back home that it is a tradition to display one's aerial skills on opening day at K. Idk, I have no aerial skills, and while you're at it, STAY THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN! Good score.

C-Rex

Must say I am quite jealous. Almost makes me want to drive the 3+ hours up there...

dlague

Another weekend at K where it is pass and express card holders only. Still not open weekends for most.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
anybody have info how snow holding up through all this warm weather?
That's why they're open only for pass holders. Their FB page indicates that they don't feel the snowpack can hold up to a full weekend traffic if the general public is allowed. They are open for everyone tomorrow (Friday).

chuckstah

There is a report from today on Kzone with pics. Cover still looks OK, but going quick down low.

steamboat1

Another weekend at K where it is pass and express card holders only. Still not open weekends for most.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
I'm OK with that. Want to borrow my pass?

Won't be using it.

Oh that's right you can get a free express pass.

What's your problem?

To cheap to pay a few bucks?

Oh my family.

Get over it.

If you want to go you can.

Stop crying

Last edited:

Savemeasammy

Ferchristsakes... It's October. The early season players are doing their best.

I, for one, appreciate the fact the Killington is giving it a shot - even though I haven't been yet.

Cornhead

Ferchristsakes... It's October. The early season players are doing their best.

I, for one, appreciate the fact the Killington is giving it a shot - even though I haven't been yet.

+1 I enjoy seeing leaves while skiing, be they brown, or green, kudos to K.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I find it hard to complain about a skiing product prior to Thanksgiving or after May 1st. Those are the bonus seasons. If skiing during those times is that important to someone, there are options most years. Plenty of people buy K express cards specifically for the bonus seasons and don't bother skiing there at all the rest of the year.