• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gloves

wa-loaf

I'm kind of looking for new gloves. I've been using a pair of Hestra Vertical Freeride gloves I picked up on Steep and Cheap years ago, but they are pretty packed out and not great when it gets really cold now. I'd pick up a new pair, but $170 for gloves is just a little more that I want to spend no matter how much I liked them ...

So looking for a pair of leather gloves with some padding and I like the under the cuff style wrist.

Thoughts/recommendations?

yeggous

I have Black Diamond Patrol gloves that got from L9 and love them. I save them for when they are needed and just use some Head gloves from Costco on moderate blue bird days.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

hammer

Been meaning to ask about gloves as well...

I have a pair of Head gloves I bought from Costco a few years ago, seem nice, but I have issues with my hands getting cold (when running I break out the gloves when it's under 50 degrees).

Any suggestions for WARM gloves that won't break the bank?

mriceyman

I have a pair of the marmot lobster mitts and I absolutely love them. Never had cold hands on a mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WoodCore

I buy my ski gloves at the local hardware store - $20.

bigbog

Gloves I have & love :
BD Guides
Marmot Ultimates (2 pair, one pair on sale @Okemo(in Aug), have held up for a decade+...needed a little stitching but are fine, but not as waterproof and not quite as warm as the BD Guide)
Kinko does have a lined winter glove...

Wish you luck in finding a reduced price..

Last edited:

HD333

Kinko gloves? How long do they last and don't you have to continually put waterproofing on them?

They are not super warm. I lube mine up with Sno Seal twice a season, once would probably be fine. I have had the same pair for 2 years. I wear mine more for non skiing outdoor stuff (drinking/sledding/wood gathering), then I do for actual skiing. They are great for late season days though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
Second Black Diamond. Love my multiple pairs. I have one with goat leather palms and got them for a crazy deal at L9 IIRC.

And as suggested you can go retro and get the Kinco gloves, but that is kind of 2007-2008 or so ;)

1927__77090__56995.1430082898.1280.1280.jpg

wa-loaf

Hawkshot99

Love my Vertical Cut Freerides from Hestra. After 2.5 yrs of use, they still show no signs of wear. I hope they dont pack out like yours did.