• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lake George area hiking forum?

abc

Does anyone know if there's any hiking forum for the Lake George area (like in the ADK)?

I'd like to find out the trail condition for the lower Tongue Range loop after this recent rain/wind, especially the lessor used Northwest Bay trail section going to Montcalm Point.

(I have Monday off and want to do the loop, but on yesterday's hike I found the trail hard to follow with all the leaves on the ground)

Last edited:

ScottySkis

NY ski blog / forum does have hikking threads I noticed.

Dry leaves make it very slippery had that problem to in Catskills at Plattu mountain next to sugarlloaf . you have hiking collapse ppoless?

abc

NY ski blog / forum does have hikking threads I noticed.
linky?

Dry leaves make it very slippery had that problem to in Catskills at Plattu mountain next to sugarlloaf . you have hiking collapse ppoless?
Yes I do. Won't hike without them (shaky knees).

Just read some previous trip report on that loop. Looks like many people thought the trail was poorly marked even in the best of time. So it's not looking too promising that I dare to tackle it solo in the limited day light we have now.

Wish I could arrange a pick up at Montcalm Point by boat! ;-)

ScottySkis

I don't have link just Google NY ski blog it that website.have fun if you make it out Monday. It was very hard too see trails yesterday to and almost got lost as darkness came .

abc

It was very hard too see trails yesterday to and almost got lost as darkness came .
Yep That's what I'm afraid of...

Contemplating bringing my kayak up to make my own water shuttle. It's a short paddle from Bolton Landing to Montcalm Point.

JimG.

Staff member
I don't have link just Google NY ski blog it that website.have fun if you make it out Monday. It was very hard too see trails yesterday to and almost got lost as darkness came .

Cloudiness and wind made route finding tricky in Mink Hollow too. Good thing we knew about that section of the trail and quickly realized we had to pay close attention. I see why hikers get lost in there.