• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington offering free skiing and lodging for Veterans

kartski

They word that kind of poorly. "Complimentary lodging available to retired and enlisted personnel November 10 and 11, 2015". I read that as those that did at least 20 yrs and those currently serving but not an Officer. I don't think 4 years long ago is going to count.

powhunter

They word that kind of poorly. "Complimentary lodging available to retired and enlisted personnel November 10 and 11, 2015". I read that as those that did at least 20 yrs and those currently serving but not an Officer. I don't think 4 years long ago is going to count.

Any Vet with a DD-214 and a Honorable Discharge

steamboat1

To redeem complimentary lift tickets, lodging or Express Cards, eligible active duty, retired and honorably discharged members of the U.S. Military, must present a valid U.S. Military, U.S. Retired Military ID, a copy of their DD214 form (photo ID required) or discharge certificate (photo ID required) at check-in for lodging and at the K-1 Guest Services desk for lift tickets and Express Cards.

drjeff

:flag:

+100 for K

+1000 Thanks for those who have served this country! :flag:

wa-loaf

I can't make veterans day, but I'm definitely going to get an express card and try to get there more often this winter.

powhunter

2 week forecast ain't looking good. I wonder if they still give ya the lodging if the lifts aren't spinning? I would still go up and mountainbike at Pine Hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamboat1

Snow guns went on last night & are still going. Tonight's temps also looks favorable for snow making. I think there's a pretty good chance they'll be open for skiing Veterans Day.

powhunter

They sent an email out saying it doesn't look good for vets day. But they will give vets a lodging and lift ticket voucher to be used by mid december

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamboat1

Don't know, I just looked. Nothing currently on an c that looks very thin. Considering this week is above average again, doubt they are open Wednesday or at all this week. MA nature just not cooperating as of lare.
Guns were on today up until about 2pm. Tonight looks to be an even better snow making opportunity. I'm staying positive.

skiur

Guns were on today up until about 2pm. Tonight looks to be an even better snow making opportunity. I'm staying positive.

Did not blow last night, and this week according to NOAA at 3500' it does not go below freezing again until friday night. Maybe they reopen for Sunday.

skiur

I'm shocked they didn't blow...I wonder if there was an inversion.

If they did the guns were shut down by 7:30 am, but the trail looked the same as when they shut down sunday morning.