• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Nov 1st, 2015

jrd100

Lapped T2 then called it a day. Awesome spring-like conditions, most of the trail had coverage. Kudos to Sunday River for making skiing possible this weekend!!! Think cold temps!! :)

T2.jpg

T2a.jpg

BottomT2.jpg

T2ToLift.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Those pics are deceiving. It's the 100 foot run out back to the lift.

A little dirt in the snow isn't going to do much damage to a set of skis

Mildcat

It was actually pretty good. The bottom section looks worse than it was. No crowds while I was there. I'm glad I went today, unless the forecasts are wrong I can't see them being open next week.

Vortex

I was first chair out. Put in 7 quick runs and headed home to watch football. Was like late April, early May. Snow was soft low crowds. It was like having our own private club.

jrd100

It was actually pretty good. The bottom section looks worse than it was.

I agree! Here are some more pics of the trail before the "beach". So for the 90% of the trail, conditions were really good (esp. for 5 days of snowmaking).

JustBeforeLift.jpg

oneMore.jpg

I'm glad I went today, unless the forecasts are wrong I can't see them being open next week.

I doubt they will be open next weekend as well, temps are not supposed to be below freezing until Saturday night (Nov 7th), not sure if they will have a big enough window to make snow. So when there's snow, go! :)

skiMEbike

Agree with others....Conditions were very good considering. I skied a 2-3 hours Sunday afternoon (place was empty-ski onto the chair). Very spring like with some nice bumps on the sides. Huge Kudos to Sunday River for making it happen...Impressive to be able to ski considering the weather/temps we've had.

Not quite a WROD:

SRiver Opening Day.jpg

dlague

We almost made the trek of 2.5 hours but opted to chill out instead. Kind of wish we would have gone to the fun of it!

chuckstah

I wish I went. Looks good to me. May be another 2 weeks or so before anything is much better given the warm forecasts.

Quietman

From SR on 3/23/2012, the whole mountain had spots like this, and we still had a lot of fun. It was the worst I've EVER experienced at SR in March, but it was better than sitting at home!

SR 3-12.JPG

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hope we never see a March like that ever again. Of all the crappy weather events I've experienced in a lifetime on snow, that nuclear March takes the cake for worst ever.

yeggous

Hope we never see a March like that ever again. Of all the crappy weather events I've experienced in a lifetime on snow, that nuclear March takes the cake for worst ever.

Yes that was an emotionally scarring year. Thanks for bringing it up again.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiFanE

Nice - wish I was there! I always wonder what people save their skis for lol. My new skis last year got a good gouge on first day of T2 WROD - got that out of the way lol.