• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you hate Foggy Goggles?

dlague

No I am not talking about a bar, pub or restaurant. Those super cold days where you are skiing hard and then all of a sudden the goggles start to frost over!

Well while there have been several solutions like anti-fog wipes and surfaces, fans etc. this solution seems to be a good one.

bigbog

Interesting....
I grabbed Smith's OTG with fan goggle in May...although I now like the I/OX's(& others') ease of lens change better.
There was one skier on a SL unofficial chat website that mentioned his/her thoughts that fog came from our cheeks..below the goggle...eminating moisture up thru the foam...and he/she simply taped over the bottom of the goggle to seal out heat/moisture....y/n? Beat's me...never tried that. If I run into isssues I'll give that a try....
Smith doesn't make a Rose lens(like Oakley) for that OTG/fan goggle...just a Blue(for lowlight).

Last edited:

dlague

Interesting....
I grabbed Smith's OTG with fan goggle in May...although I now like the I/OX's(& others') ease of lens change better.
There was one skier on a SL unofficial chat website that mentioned his/her thoughts that fog came from our cheeks..below the goggle...eminating moisture up thru the foam...and he/she simply taped over the bottom of the goggle to seal out heat/moisture....y/n? Beat's me...never tried that. If I run into isssues I'll give that a try....
Smith doesn't make a Rose lens(like Oakley) for that OTG/fan goggle...just a Blue(for lowlight).

I almost never wear a face mask and as a result get plenty of ventilation, however my wife and son wear a face mask often and on those cold days is when they appear to have the problem. I think it is from breathing through the face mask and subsequently getting into the goggle.

JDMRoma

While we're on goggles....
Anyone have any experience with the Anon M1 or M2 s ? The lens change feature is pretty sweet, was looking at them today.
Although a little pricey I like how they fit and look too. I may go for them if I can get a decent deal. Just have a hard time spending 200 for goggles

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Hawkshot99

While we're on goggles....
Anyone have any experience with the Anon M1 or M2 s ? The lens change feature is pretty sweet, was looking at them today.
Although a little pricey I like how they fit and look too. I may go for them if I can get a decent deal. Just have a hard time spending 200 for goggles

Not crazy about magnets that close to me so much. I like the Spy Doom's change system.

JDMRoma

Not crazy about magnets that close to me so much. I like the Spy Doom's change system.

Never gave the magnets a thought to being close as a negative. Just curious what's the problem ?

Puck it

Never gave the magnets a thought to being close as a negative. Just curious what's the problem ?

The magnets are not a problem. Just an unwarranted fear. There are more stray E&M fields just walking around. The B field falls off as 1/R(squared) so the strength is to back ground in a couple of cm's for the magnets being used.

JDMRoma

Ok Great I may go for these as long as I don't get stuck to the chairlift or snow making piping !!