• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Trail Names in New England?!

BenedictGomez

Some of my favorites from eastern areas I ski:

Freefall (Smuggler's Notch & Plattekill)

Snake Bite (Smuggler's Notch)

Nosedive (Stowe)

Plunge (Plattekill)

EDIT: And yes, Satan's Staircase is a pretty badazz name, though I've never skied there.

Tin

YOOYM at Whaleback is at the top of my list. Twilight Zone and Slide of Hans are also up there.

yeggous

Any trail name thread needs an accompanying lift name discussion. The Crotched Rocket wins that hands down. End of discussion. I think their Darkstar trail name is pretty good too. I think the Tree Hugger glade and Cemetery Gate at Ragged are clever too.

Mapnut

I love the name "Bubblecuffer" at Sugarloaf. Never skied it! Somehow it amuses me to say it as "Cucklebuffer". IIRC a bubblecuffer was a logger who went out onto the rivers to break up logjams.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Shay's Revenge at Snowshoe would be a new favorite as that's our son's name; though we spell it differently.

steamboat1

K has quite a few interesting trail names. Besides the more popular ones I like Royal Flush, The Thrown, Stitch Line, Helter Skelter & Growler.

Probably the most ominous name to me is at Smuggs, "Black Hole".

xwhaler

I've always loved Muleskinner at Saddleback---steep, classic New England skiing on the most remote part of the mtn.
Bit of work to get out there but well worth the effort!

Tin

I love the name "Bubblecuffer" at Sugarloaf. Never skied it! Somehow it amuses me to say it as "Cucklebuffer". IIRC a bubblecuffer was a logger who went out onto the rivers to break up logjams.

Love that trail, ton of character to it. However, it should be referred to as "Orthopedic's Dream". The first time skiing Bubblecuffer it took Savemeasammy's rotator cuff out and mangled my thumb, both cases needed some surgeries. lol

ScottySkis

NY not new England. Roxbury Platty the cliff lower expert steep and leads to some aweome trees to

Newpylong

Always liked Exterminator. Hammerhead too. Pretty much every trail name at Whaleback too lol. But that's a given.

powhunter

Jaws of Death. -Pretty sure someone was killed on that trail. Hence the name change to Jaws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: