• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where would you go if you could go any place in the world?

LarryYT

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, and finally decided to make an account. I have been thinking about making a trip in the next year or two, so I am trying to narrow down some places. I saw on a thread a while back about going to western China, and that has really stuck in my head since it would be more in my budget.

I saw Salewa is doing a lot of contests. Those places have really peaked my interest as well. I have entered, and hopefully have a shot at it. Does anyone have experience at any of the places that they're offering?

I look forward to hearing your responses, and would love any first hand feedback.

thanks!

Funky_Catskills

Go to Kashmir... Cheap and incredible Himalayan skiing....

I'll be back someday..

I want to go to Japan next..

Funky_Catskills

japan is super expensive, but i'd like to go as well...skiing, food, trains, culture

my good friend just went to the ukraine and said it's a hidden gem and ridiculously cheap

I have few friends there... It makes trips cheaper. But none up in the north - although a couple of them go to ski there.

I'm hoping to make a trip to ride in the next coupe of years..

jimk

The OP is a spammer right?

Anyway, I'd spend a winter bumming around the Alps, but that would take bank too.

Not my pics, just for mindblowing fun:
Chamonix, FR
Aiguille-du-Midi.jpg
Val d'Isere, FR
VAL D'ISERE.jpg
Chinese Downhill at St. Anton, AU
ST ANTON.jpg
Arabba, IT
ARABBA ITALY.jpg
Zermatt, SZ
ZERMATT.jpg

Last edited:

jimk

messed up Val d'Isere pic, here's another:
VAL D'ISERE.jpg

This is called making steak out of spam.;)

Last edited:

Cannonball

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, and finally decided to make an account. I have been thinking about making a trip in the next year or two, so I am trying to narrow down some places. I saw on a thread a while back about going to western China, and that has really stuck in my head since it would be more in my budget.

I saw Salewa is doing a lot of contests. Those places have really peaked my interest as well. I have entered, and hopefully have a shot at it. Does anyone have experience at any of the places that they're offering?

I look forward to hearing your responses, and would love any first hand feedback.

thanks!

This guy knows how to write a marketing post!! Sneak the company link into an actual, real human post. Instead of typical spam. Nice work. Deserves an answer.... Iceland is still top of my list and hope to check it off in the next couple years.

dlague

Right now my interest is peaked with Whistler/Blackcomb.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone