• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris Attacks

freeski

FC: For what it's worth, I think the world would be a much worse place without people like you. An old band said it best: "The bleeding hearts and artists... who walk up and down outside the wall..."

Tin

France went to town with raids this morning.

I'm starting to think it is the "disorganized" attacks such as last Friday nights could be more likely to slip through the cracks than the mastermind plots. Unfortunately propane tank bombs and rifles can be just as horrible and deadly.

Funky_Catskills

FC: For what it's worth, I think the world would be a much worse place without people like you. An old band said it best: "The bleeding hearts and artists... who walk up and down outside the wall..."

Thanks!
It takes all opinions..

My interest in Buddhism is teaching me mindfullness..
Which is my big struggle for me.
But I think it's key for me to learn to be able to step back and try to understand in the moment.

blah blah blah... :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
What about the compassion for the inocent 129 killed last week in Paris?

Where does he say he does not have compassion for those lives lost?

129 innocent civilians die daily in Syria and people question why they run?

Where is the world's compassion for the 32 dead and 80 injured in Nigeria today?

It's not a top story on any mainstream news sites. No calls for air strikes on Boko Haram.

Funky_Catskills

Whats crazy is the lack of news on these other attacks has become more news than the actual news..

did that make sense..?

Al Jazeera is in my news feed so I knew about it..

Puck it

Where does he say he does not have compassion for those lives lost?

129 innocent civilians die daily in Syria and people question why they run?

Where is the world's compassion for the 32 dead and 80 injured in Nigeria today?

It's not a top story on any mainstream news sites. No calls for air strikes on Boko Haram.
Dailymail had it last night.

Puck it

Can you summarize it for us that have to use phones to read articles while working?
Revealed: The enemy within. Nearly SEVENTY are arrested in America over ISIS plots - and they include refugees who had been given safe haven but 'turned to terror'

• Federal and local law enforcement agencies have made dozens of arrests of men and women suspected of ISIS involvement
  • Analysis shows that they include refugees who entered the United States as refugees

from the article summary

Tin

Revealed: The enemy within. Nearly SEVENTY are arrested in America over ISIS plots - and they include refugees who had been given safe haven but 'turned to terror'

• Federal and local law enforcement agencies have made dozens of arrests of men and women suspected of ISIS involvement
  • Analysis shows that they include refugees who entered the United States as refugees

from the article summary

The few refugees mentioned had been in the states for nearly a decade, or more, and came from Bosnia or Kenya. All the other examples were "home-grown" U.S. extremists. Great headline click-bait.