• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris Attacks

dlague

A lot of it was - convert or be tortured... Kind of like ISIS..

Islam will be going through a reform once people rise up and stop this nonsense..
Just like every other religion has..

The key - rise up! The peaceful Islamist are saying anything! No protests - nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
The key - rise up! The peaceful Islamist are saying anything! No protests - nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I would love to see people rise up myself, I just don't know how it happens.

We tried arming the Free Syrian Army to take down Assad. Some would say that only helped contribute to the rapid rise of ISIS.

How do you reform Islam to rid itself of Extremism in modern society with this many people involved? Iran has 80 million people, they conduct public executions. Saudi Arabia has 29 million people, they do the same thing. How do you rationalize with a population of people that allows women to get stoned in the town square for the act of adultery. It's unfathomable to me that such people even exist.

Funky_Catskills

Puck it

I heard this analogy this morning on the refugees.

If you had a bunch of grapes and knew only one was poisoned and there was no way of telling. Would you feed them to your child?

jimk

Sad, but telling about how serious this is that it might bring closer cooperation between France, US and Russia, a strange pol-mil ménage à trois. Here in the DC area there is a general uneasiness. 9-11 seems not so long ago. At times like this I'd rather be, more than ever, far away in the mtns skiing instead of riding mass transit during rush hour or subject to other vulnerable urban situations. :roll:
This afternoon I will ride my bicycle home from work. It keeps me out of that big hole in the ground - the subway, which even in normal times can be unreliable, sketchy, and hideously crowded. Still don't like surrendering my destiny to the whims of mass transit even though I've used it for years.

PS: just adding that there are a lot of great moderate Muslims out there. We need to reach out to them all around us and let them know we appreciate their peace and harmony, meanwhile don't go easy on ISIS thugs.

Last edited:

ctenidae

Perhaps the better solution than war is to endure distasteful tactics at home. Follow the French example, declare a state of emergency, and take the gloves off for a little while. Do what we can to hit the rat where the fleas breed, and get after the rats on our carpet at home.

Of course, taking the power back from the government once ISIS burns itself out will be tough...

Funky_Catskills

Perhaps the better solution than war is to endure distasteful tactics at home. Follow the French example, declare a state of emergency, and take the gloves off for a little while. Do what we can to hit the rat where the fleas breed, and get after the rats on our carpet at home.

Of course, taking the power back from the government once ISIS burns itself out will be tough...

Patriot Act?

freeski

Posted two years ago on K-Zone by DMC:

I spent last week in Paris with my girlfriend... It was great!
Muslims are everywhere! interacting with society.. Smiling at people... Sitting in cafe's.
Enjoying art at the museums... just awesome...

If we stop treating the Muslims here in the US like criminals maybe we can reach this level of integration where we can all get along in this society of immigrants...

Funky_Catskills

Muslims are everywhere! interacting with society.. Smiling at people... Sitting in cafe's.

If we stop treating the Muslims here in the US like criminals maybe we can reach this level of integration where we can all get along in this society of immigrants...

Thanks for reposting.. I really appreciate this..

And I stand by that statement..
Paris was amazing.. the people were great!!

Puck it

Waste of your digital breath to try and discuss anything with him.

Puck it

You're entitled to your opinion..
It's cool..
I like it when Conservatives/Tea Party people interact with society too!!! All good..
You keep calling me that and obviously you have no idea who I am or what I send for. So stop calling me things that are not true. I just find that you are a person that has their mind set and all others are wrong and there is no way you see others viewpoints.

Funky_Catskills

You keep calling me that and obviously you have no idea who I am or what I send for. So stop calling me things that are not true. I just find that you are a person that has their mind set and all others are wrong and there is no way you see others viewpoints.

I didn't think it was a bad thing for you... sorry..

I won't do it again...
Respect..

But I doubt I'm going to sway to your beliefs. We are pretty different where thats concerned.
My beliefs are driven by compassion for all people.