• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris Attacks

steamboat1

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-08-28-873e3030_large.jpg
    2015-08-28-873e3030_large.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 93

Tin

LOL. Come on dude. Bit of a difference in power and resources. Not to mention the inaccurate number. The NAZI party won the vote in 1932 with over 30%. I'm sure that increased by 1940.

This being said extremists are extremists. But wrong or grossly misleading info is just as dangerous if not more so...Didn't the NAZIs use propaganda like this?

Funky_Catskills

It's an election year... Trust no one..
Fear and bias is their tool to get you to vote..

Don't vote because of fear.

Funky_Catskills

This thread is bad.... Nothing good will come from it now the memes are flying..
So much I want to say - but I'm not... Cause I don't communicate with memes.

All I'll say is this is an exact replay of the last pre-election cycle.
Don't vote because of fear!!!

I'm out... Peace!!!

Tin

Since I'm an extreme radical gnar shredder am I a terrorist? Is the Christian right or Bernie-left a terror organization because their "radical" views deviate from center? Radical or extremist (and its arbitrary definition) =/= terrorist.

Funky_Catskills

It just demonstrates who has ZERO critical thinking skills. This is exactly what people with agendas want to happen after a tragedy. Blinded by fear and hate.

indeed... Filling in the blanks that you can't orate with memes automatically put people into the "not worthy of paying attention to" category for me..

freeski

They want to kill you and your family. Even the moderates want you to convert to their religion. This is a battle of civilizations. I wish we could negotiate an end, but there is no way of doing this. The Paris attacks have brought a lot of attention to this battle. For me it was trying to wipe out the Christians in the Middle East. They are committing genocide pure and simple. In the 1940's many looked the other way and the civilized world said never again. We need to wipe out the extremists and recognize them for the monsters they are.

Funky_Catskills

There's people in Texas and Arizona that want to kill me because of the way I voted.. Or my stance on women's health and guns..
All kinds of people want to kill me..

But thanks I won't turn my back on the Muslim's I know and consider friends..
Gowsh - I hope they are cooler than moderate... hahaha..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Freeski,

We agree on some things and not others.

No, moderate Muslims do not wish you to convert. No more so than moderate Christians, Jews, etc. In any religion, if the goal is to convert, then they are fundamentalists, not moderates.

I do agree with wiping out the extremists. The job is so complex though.

The challenge I have is our actions of foreign policy often creates extremism. We constantly pick a side and arm people, only for them to turn out to be evil.

The other challenge I have is why do we look the other way on Shariah law with our "friends." Why is it okay for beheadings and stonings to take place in Saudi Arabia? That's the very definition of extremism and as long as that still goes on, there will be no end to this situation.

I'm a progressive in many ways, but can't get behind the idea of "if we leave the M.E. and just leave them alone, terrorism will die." Well, we leave Saudi Arabia alone and there's government sponsored domestic terrorism there as a way of life. It's got to stop everywhere, including with "our friends."

Tin

They want to kill you and your family. Even the moderates want you to convert to their religion. This is a battle of civilizations.

This is EXACTLY what the extremists and media outlets want. This type of thinking.

They are committing genocide pure and simple. In the 1940's many looked the other way and the civilized world said never again. We need to wipe out the extremists and recognize them for the monsters they are.

And like in the late 1930s we will once again turn away refugees trying to escape horror and death?

We need to wipe out the extremists and recognize them for the monsters they are.

I have no disagreement with this.

wtcobb

+1 Tin.

Hate begets hate. This is an organization driven by creating fear and hatred around the world. When we lose our humanity and compassion, when fear and suspicion turns into xenophobia and bigotry, they've won.