• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

xwhaler

Bretton Woods

[h=2]SNOW REPORTER'S COMMENTS[/h]Bretton Woods was the FIRST MOUNTAIN IN NH TO OPEN once again this year! Skiers and riders enjoyed a beautiful day cruising our 1 mile Range View Trail and better yet - lift tickets were FREE today with the donation of a non-perishable food item! With a little clear precipitation coming our way, please note that the mountain will be closed on Thursday (11/19), Friday (11/20), and Saturday (11/21) with a projected reopening date of Sunday (11/21), weather and snow conditions permitting. When we reopen on 11/22, we should have Zephyr Quad spinning from 8am - 4pm providing you access to the Range View Trail and lift ticket prices will be $29 for all ages.

Mother Nature is now asking us to take a brief hiatus from all the fun, with a little rain and milder temps coming through the valley, so the mountain will be closed this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Colder temps return Friday night so we should be able to resume our aggressive snowmaking plan and we may get some natural snow Saturday night into Sunday morning. Weather and conditions permitting, we plan to reopen on Sunday, 11/22.

skiMEbike

The Loaf just announced tentative date of Saturday 11/21...From their PM report:

Ski Patrol and I had a chance to do some product testing yesterday, and while conditions weren't quite ripe then, another great night of snowmaking last night allowed for plenty more snow to pile up on King's Landing and Candyside. With the way things have been shaping up, we're eyeballing this Saturday, November 21st, as a tentative opening day.

Temperatures have warmed up some today, and forecasts are calling for the trend to continue the next two days, with some rain starting Thursday afternoon. Our plan is to evaluate conditions on Friday and make the definite call on opening or not. Temps are expected to drop on Friday afternoon, and we plan to turn the snowguns back on as soon as we can on Kings Landing and Tote Road (A burst water line prevented us from making snow on Tote Road earlier this week, but our crews plan to have it fixed in the next day or two).

Lift ticket prices will be set at $39 for all ages, and lift service to Kings Landing and Candyside will be via the SuperQuad. Early season conditions will be variable and skiing and riding is recommended for advanced skiers and riders only. Be sure to stay tuned here for all the latest details and updates on our opening day plans and beyond.

Smellytele

SNOW REPORTER'S COMMENTS

Bretton Woods was the FIRST MOUNTAIN IN NH TO OPEN once again this year! Skiers and riders enjoyed a beautiful day cruising our 1 mile Range View Trail and better yet - lift tickets were FREE today with the donation of a non-perishable food item! With a little clear precipitation coming our way, please note that the mountain will be closed on Thursday (11/19), Friday (11/20), and Saturday (11/21) with a projected reopening date of Sunday (11/21), weather and snow conditions permitting. When we reopen on 11/22, we should have Zephyr Quad spinning from 8am - 4pm providing you access to the Range View Trail and lift ticket prices will be $29 for all ages.

Mother Nature is now asking us to take a brief hiatus from all the fun, with a little rain and milder temps coming through the valley, so the mountain will be closed this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Colder temps return Friday night so we should be able to resume our aggressive snowmaking plan and we may get some natural snow Saturday night into Sunday morning. Weather and conditions permitting, we plan to reopen on Sunday, 11/22.

Had fun there today for the 1st day out. Free always helps. One side of the trail was groomed while the other side was actually softer for the top 2/3rd's. Well worth the drive up on this Blue Bird Day.

VTKilarney

Had fun there today for the 1st day out. Free always helps. One side of the trail was groomed while the other side was actually softer for the top 2/3rd's. Well worth the drive up on this Blue Bird Day.

I really wanted to go but work is just too busy!

skiMEbike

It's official at the Loaf Saturday 11/21

Well Sugarloafers, the wait is finally over! After evaluating conditions today, we've been given the green light to go ahead and open for the 2015-16 season tomorrow, Saturday November 21st! The SuperQuad will spin starting at 8:30am to provide access to Kings Landing and Candyside. Grab your skis, boots, outerwear, a PB&J, and get ready to rumble, because tomorrow is going to be an opening day to remember!

Forecasts are calling for a spectacular Saturday to start the season; we'll see partly sunny skies with relatively calm winds and temps expected to sit around 40 degrees at the base and 30 degrees up at elevation. Clouds will build Saturday night and there's a chance of flurries and showers on Sunday morning, but the fast-moving system should move out and give way to partly sunny skies in the afternoon.

yeggous

Bretton Woods pulled the plug on this weekend. Will open Tuesday with the two base express quads and learning center.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

K-1 will be top to bottom by Tues along with the Snowdon, guarantee.

I hope so, and if so, then all the more impressive based on what I read on a snowmakers group Facebook page a little while ago.

Apparently K had not 1, but 2 waterline blowouts last night, and by the looks of the geyser coming out of the pipe failure at somewhere around 1000psi in the video posted it looked like it was on Snowdon (granted it the only illumination in the video was from the snowmakers head lamp, but the lack of snow on the ground makes me think it was somewhere they're working on Snowdon)

Smellytele

I hope so, and if so, then all the more impressive based on what I read on a snowmakers group Facebook page a little while ago.

Apparently K had not 1, but 2 waterline blowouts last night, and by the looks of the geyser coming out of the pipe failure at somewhere around 1000psi in the video posted it looked like it was on Snowdon (granted it the only illumination in the video was from the snowmakers head lamp, but the lack of snow on the ground makes me think it was somewhere they're working on Snowdon)

They were blowing out a lot of air over there this morning