• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

catsup948

Mount Snow just announced on the GM's Blog that they're hoping for Wednesday the 25th - definitive announcement will come tomorrow afternoon - it's just a question of how much snow they can produce in the general base areas the next couple of days....

The plan is for Cascade to Canyon as well as Long John off the summit and then Gulch with a park over at Carinthia - Planning to spin the Discovery triple in the beginner area, the Bluebird to the summit and the Heavy Metal Double over at Carinthia

Any ideas what Mount Snow will be charging on Wednesday? I'm weighting my options right now.

drjeff

Any ideas what Mount Snow will be charging on Wednesday? I'm weighting my options right now.

Not a clue, no info either on their snow report page yet - likely waiting until they're certain they will open before setting the day ticket rate

xlr8r

Yes, I was impressed too. I don't think I've ever seen a mountain light up that many top to bottom routes at one time.

Yeah Stratton doesn't mess around when they finally decide to start making snow. They don't do real early season skiing, but when they light em up, they really can cover a ton of ground at once. last year Stratton or Okemo competed to have the most acreage open through the December snowmaking period. Loon also is very powerful, look for them to crank out a lot of trails at once as well.

steamboat1

Stowe is opening Wed. 11/25. They plan to have 13 trails open off the Forerunner quad for 2,000 ft. of top to bottom vertical. On Thurs. they plan on opening beginner terrain off the Meadows quad over at Spruce.

While on the subject of snowmaking fire power they put this in their report.
"Our world-class snowmaking system is currently pumping a whopping 7,000 gallons of water per minute through 175 snow guns on a total of 13 trails"!
Sounds pretty awesome.

Stowe had 100% of their snowmaking terrain open for Christmas last year.

Last edited:

Jully

It's the same as Killington and $10 more than Sunday River. Neither of those are offering nearly the vertical of Wildcat, nor are they running and express quad. And Killington still expects you to hike out.

A big differentiator is also that Wildcat offers 50% off with the Vertical Value card which includes a free any time ticket. That effectively makes the price $24.50 if you plan to come back again for a weekend day and use the ticket then.

Are they still allowing the vertical vaue card to be used for that? I thought there was a chance they would stop that perk this year.

MEtoVTSkier

Are they still allowing the vertical vaue card to be used for that? I thought there was a chance they would stop that perk this year.

To be used for what?

Vertical Value Card

valid at three New hampshire mountains!

Save up to 50% on single, full-priced, full-day lift tickets with the Vertical Value Card, our frequent skier card valid at Wildcat Mountain, Attitash Mountain Resort and Crotched Mountain.
NOW AVAILABLE - Only $99

With your purchase, the card includes one free, single, full-day lift ticket to be used during the 2015/16 season.
Save on every visit when you use your Vertical Value Card to purchase your single, full-priced, full-day lift ticket:

• Save 50% off non-holiday midweek lift tickets
  • Save 25% off non-holiday weekend lift tickets
  • Save 10% off holiday lift tickets
Holiday Periods: Dec. 26, 2015 - Jan. 2, 2016; Jan. 16-17, 2016; Feb. 13-20, 2016

[h=3]Added bonuses for having a Vertical Value Card:[/h]
  • Use the Vertical Value Card discount toward the $30 Sunday Half Day afternoon lift ticket
  • "Bring-a-Friend" Mondays & Wednesdays.
    • Purchase a 1/2-priced 1-day adult lift ticket for a friend every non-holiday Monday & Wednesday
  • 50% off rental equipment*
  • 15% off retail items and basic tuning services**

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yes it can. Last year it could not. Of course this year they also doubled the price of the card.

ScottySkis

Mountain snow opening on Thursday for like 55/ ,but yiu ca n buy tickets online through their website ahead of time and save like 10$ of 15 $ with 6 trails

drjeff

Mountain snow opening on Thursday for like 55/ ,but yiu ca n buy tickets online through their website ahead of time and save like 10$ of 15 $ with 6 trails

They're giving me a great birthday present this year! (Thursday is actually my birthday! :) )

ScottySkis

on blue mountain LA Facebook page they will open tommorow for 1o am to 4 pm in PA their closed t. Day and open Friday from 10 am to 8 pm

xwhaler

WV opening on Friday off the High Country chair...download back on the White Peaks
$37.....not much vertical for that and a slow chair ride given what BW/Loon/Wildcat/Sunapee are offering elsewhere in NH this wknd.

yeggous

WV opening on Friday off the High Country chair...download back on the White Peaks
$37.....not much vertical for that and a slow chair ride given what BW/Loon/Wildcat/Sunapee are offering elsewhere in NH this wknd.

Cranmore is planning to open Friday or Saturday. They are blowing top-to-bottom, so I'd assume to see the express quad and south quad run. Details to be announced tomorrow.