• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

Smellytele

Cannon has readjusted their opening lineup also.The ttb posting last week has changed to lower mt with The detach and Eagle Cliff chairs.

Maybe by Saturday they could be TtB?
Thursday
Snow likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Very windy, with a northwest wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 30 to 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Very windy.

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Windy.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Blustery.

Puck it

Maybe by Saturday they could be TtB?
Thursday
Snow likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Very windy, with a northwest wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 30 to 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Very windy.

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Windy.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Blustery.

Changed for the worse, west at 50mph on Friday will shut quad down

Thursday​
Snow likely before 1pm, then rain and snow likely between 1pm and 4pm, then snow likely after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Very windy, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph increasing to 30 to 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday Night​
Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Very windy, with a northwest wind 40 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday​
A 30 percent chance of snow before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.

Smellytele

Changed for the worse, west at 50mph on Friday will shut quad down

Thursday​
Snow likely before 1pm, then rain and snow likely between 1pm and 4pm, then snow likely after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Very windy, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph increasing to 30 to 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday Night​
Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Very windy, with a northwest wind 40 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday​
A 30 percent chance of snow before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.
Would a west wind coming from the other side of the mountain close the peabody on Friday? I would say maybe the Cannonball which is not even scheduled to be open Friday

catsup948

Caught Matt Noyes' month forecast for December this morning, not good. Temps much above normal with above average precip. Crap.

December does not look good for snowmaking. Maybe the mountains get lucky and get a dump in this bad pattern. 3-6" possible tonight up high in the northern greens.

Bostonian

December does not look good for snowmaking. Maybe the mountains get lucky and get a dump in this bad pattern. 3-6" possible tonight up high in the northern greens.

Yeah this pattern is pretty bad looking. Hopefully, when the r@!n clears out tomorrow, it will at least allow resorts to blow snow at night for the next few days. You guys can blame me since I laid out new insulation in my attic to prevent ice dams to occur.

dlague

Yeah this pattern is pretty bad looking. Hopefully, when the r@!n clears out tomorrow, it will at least allow resorts to blow snow at night for the next few days. You guys can blame me since I laid out new insulation in my attic to prevent ice dams to occur.

We will be going into a good snow making pattern with colder temps at night. However there is a boat load of r@!n coming for now!

SIKSKIER

South is NOT fine.Except for the Cannonball,the south wind is the worst wind for Cannon.Believe me,I've lived at Mittersill for over 20 years and know it well.I've had many a night not being able to sleep cuz the roof sounds like its going to blow off with that south wind.Any other direction hardly even registers except near the summit.A west wind doesn't effect Cannon at all except the very summit.A north wind will blow pretty much straight up the mountain and not effect lift operation.

yeggous

We will be going into a good snow making pattern with colder temps at night. However there is a boat load of r@!n coming for now!

This is optimistic. We'll have a short window at elevation, and then more warm air next week. There looks like a decent chance of a coastal low next week, but very little cold air to be found.