• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

skiberg

Nothing I read anywhere seems to suggest their is anything positive in the near future. At best it appears nighttime snowmaking temps, but that may not even hold. We are looking above average for the foreseeable future.

On the bright side, if its stays cold enough at night to blow we may be able to enjoy some soft and creamy days. Albeit on limited terrain. Friday was really nice, I can handle a few more like that.

Smellytele

For Cannon...
Thursday
Snow. High near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph increasing to 30 to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Thursday Night

Snow likely before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers between 11pm and 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Very windy, with a northwest wind 30 to 40 mph decreasing to 20 to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday
A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph.

Friday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Blustery.

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 39. Windy.

VTKilarney

Looking at Thursday night, do they even try to make snow when it's that windy?

JDMRoma

Cannons patented snow making is good in the windy conditions !! It's also good at covering your goggles with a nice crusty glaze !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

For Cannon...
Thursday
Snow. High near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph increasing to 30 to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Thursday Night

Snow likely before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers between 11pm and 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Very windy, with a northwest wind 30 to 40 mph decreasing to 20 to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday
A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph.

Friday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Blustery.

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 39. Windy.
Changed again. I may be going then. Anyone else?

dlague

Cannons patented snow making is good in the windy conditions !! It's also good at covering your goggles with a nice crusty glaze !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Killington was pretty good at that on Sunday!

SIKSKIER

Cannon is now saying maybe 4-7 but wtf is this?

We've been making snow with every available opportunity over the past couple of weeks and we'll offer a decent selection of terrain on day one. Really?
We'll offer one main route from mid-mountain, consisting of Middle Cannon, Rock Garden and Gremlin.

More importantly though...IT'S SNOWING! We're currently measuring a half-inch of new snow around the base area, which means there may be more in the higher elevations, and some weather projections are calling for as much as 4-7" throughout the day today.
The weather looks decent for snowmaking over the next week with temps dipping in & out of the freezing zone. Most nights in the extended forecast should permit for snowmaking, but we don't expect our trail offerings to change much in the coming week.

Again,really?No change to the 1 route from the detach?Pretty f-in lame.

yeggous

We've been making snow with every available opportunity over the past couple of weeks and we'll offer a decent selection of terrain on day one. Really?
We'll offer one main route from mid-mountain, consisting of Middle Cannon, Rock Garden and Gremlin.

More importantly though...IT'S SNOWING! We're currently measuring a half-inch of new snow around the base area, which means there may be more in the higher elevations, and some weather projections are calling for as much as 4-7" throughout the day today.
The weather looks decent for snowmaking over the next week with temps dipping in & out of the freezing zone. Most nights in the extended forecast should permit for snowmaking, but we don't expect our trail offerings to change much in the coming week.

That's no surprise. If you can only make snow at night, you're likely spending a good portion of your time just patching up the damage.

Puck it

Did you expect anything different then vagueness?

Puck it

And will they groom this whale out?

23469055576_6f16bef848_b.jpg

wtcobb

It's been a miserable week of rain. I can see the difficulty keeping snow made at night given the rotten weather each day. Glad to finally have it turn to snow today!

SIKSKIER

Not happy.Was going to ski tomorrow before the weekend,1st day crush on 1 trail but it hardly seems worth it.I'm sure my attitude will change a lot when I get there and see the place covered in snow instead of the depressing all green thats been there for the last few weeks.

Smellytele

Not happy.Was going to ski tomorrow before the weekend,1st day crush on 1 trail but it hardly seems worth it.I'm sure my attitude will change a lot when I get there and see the place covered in snow instead of the depressing all green thats been there for the last few weeks.

Heading there Saturday with my 4 cans of food.