• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Warren Miller - Chasing Shadows

prsboogie

Went to the Avon in Providence last night for the first viewing of three over two nights. Thought this year's fick was better than last year. Nice piece on Eric Pollard, had some pretty cool AK Heli skiing and RV'ing with three VERY attractive ladies, Deer Valley zipper runs and Wasatch back country. Mosley was lightly and appropriately used as was Warren's nuggets of wisdom. Swag was weak, did get free tix at Wawa, Sugarbush, Smuggs, Killy, and Steamboat. Had an overall great night with a couple ski buds and good drinks/apps at the English Cellars around the corner before hand.

xwhaler

I thought this yrs version was pretty marginal to be honest. Saw it in Manchester NH last wknd. Not disappointed though as for a great cause and I got some cheap skiing coming my way.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Went to the Avon in Providence last night for the first viewing of three over two nights. Thought this year's fick was better than last year. Nice piece on Eric Pollard, had some pretty cool AK Heli skiing and RV'ing with three VERY attractive ladies, Deer Valley zipper runs and Wasatch back country. Mosley was lightly and appropriately used as was Warren's nuggets of wisdom. Swag was weak, did get free tix at Wawa, Sugarbush, Smuggs, Killy, and Steamboat. Had an overall great night with a couple ski buds and good drinks/apps at the English Cellars around the corner before hand.

I caught one last Saturday , liked it also , only complaint was some of scenes change too quickly and one section was almost strobe like , had to close my eyes, maybe if I hadn't got late seating in front .
Sounds like you did well 5 tickets ?
My # 3 son was asked to pull door prizes and by chance pulled #1 sons name for 2 Blue passes.

prsboogie

That's pretty cool sbsp, the two kids pulling last night were great, one's 7th birthday and she had a huge personality.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
That's pretty cool sbsp, the two kids pulling last night were great, one's 7th birthday and she had a huge personality.

He's 9 ,wasn't sue how he'd do in front of the crowd. No fear ,really a great all around kid although he likes to point the skis straight down hill , trying to rain him in a little......future GS racer ?

mriceyman

He's 9 ,wasn't sue how he'd do in front of the crowd. No fear ,really a great all around kid although he likes to point the skis straight down hill , trying to rain him in a little......future GS racer ?

Amazing how ballsy little kids can be

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

That is cool! We were at the Portsmouth WM movie several years ago and our youngest was about the same age and was pulled from the audience to help pull names and throw stuff up front on the stage. We were loving it. He had fun with it. It will be a lasting memory for you!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mishka

I was on same show in Providence.
Would be nice to do at least once what showing in the movie.
Like to piece on monoskis. Would be interesting project/challenge to make one of those
I would rather see something similar in form of true documentary then staged "stunts" and product placement advertising

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I was on same show in Providence.
Would be nice to do at least once what showing in the movie.
Like to piece on monoskis. Would be interesting project/challenge to make one of those
I would rather see something similar in form of true documentary then staged "stunts" and product placement advertising

The old Mono skis were straight I believe , wonder how a parabolic mono would perform ?

mishka

I'm not talking old monoskis.
In the movie most people have new parabolic designs, Skis definitely custom-made based on brief looks of graphics and shapes

Tin

We all did 6pm Thursday. Posted a thread in the trip section a while back. We go a little nuts with 80s gear and booze. Pregamed at home, then during, then crashed Snookers after.

This should sum things up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• WM.jpg
    WM.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 98

prsboogie

Ya must have missed it. And yes it definitely sums it up. Have you gotten out on the tin110s yet? Those are purdy!

BenedictGomez

Thought this year's fick was better than last year.

Disagree. In a big way. Though to be fair, I thought last year's WM film was perhaps the best in a decade.

I thought this yrs version was pretty marginal to be honest.

Agreed. It wasn't bad, just not great.

I feel at this point the footage has overtaken the story and the "togetherness" of the story-telling, so to speak. You can be "wowed" by how great the photography is, but at the end of the day, the very best WM films seem to weave together a tale IMO.

On the bright side, however, this makes it two years in a row where politics wasn't fed down my throat like a fois gras duck, so that's a positive.

Savemeasammy

I didn't see last years', so I can't compare. I was glad to see that the political angle didn't seem to be in play, but, even so, the movie did nothing for me. We left before intermission. Maybe if I hadn't been there with my family, I would have stayed longer...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

elks

Same here. I found this year's movie pretty boring. The segment on Nepal was ok, I guess. The swag was definitely the highlight and worth the price of admission.