• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter started making snow!

JimG.

Staff member
So maybe we will be skiing this week! Looks like the 1.2 million spent on snowmaking may be money well spent!

We shall see.

Temps not promising late next week but decent Sun nite-Wed, certainly enough to open if they wish to.

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Hunter started making snow because they are the undisputed greatest and most beloved ski resort of all time. Judging from the people here, there is no more loved ski resort than Hunter.

ScottySkis

I know its an unpopular opinion and I'll probably get a lot of crap for it but I think Hunter is OK.

+1 I skided their a lot last year and had fun. I skiied with people who know the mountain well and what kifts to use to avoid crowds. It not a party crazy busy place like it in the 90s . good steep trails

Last edited:

kartski

Encouraging, but is it just a little taste or display before their Electric Deal kicks in and they fire them all up.

Tin

Was planning on making a midweek trip or two to Hunter since I'm in New Haven, CT so much but it is looking like 2:40? Any quicker routes?

Funky_Catskills

I aways take 84 to 87 when i go to my work office in Stamford or play music with friends in the New Haven area....
Can drive faster on highway.. Lot's of people use the WAZE app too on that route...