• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Making snow on superstar

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Only at the very vary base... nothing happening on the Peak Cam except the upper part of Snowdon. They're only running a gun at the base of Superstar to connect Snowshed with the rest of the mountain when the time comes, imo.

dlague

K moving quickly

They have to because T2B will start showing up at a lot of places with in the week. Okemo palms on opening a cluster of trails at once and I bet will pass everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Only at the very vary base... nothing happening on the Peak Cam except the upper part of Snowdon. They're only running a gun at the base of Superstar to connect Snowshed with the rest of the mountain when the time comes, imo.

Probably do to the late start but I've never seen them blow that side until there ttb. It's a race to get as much open as possible before Thanksgiving.

steamboat1

Looks like they're blowing upper Bunny & mid Chute down to lower Bunny. Fan guns going on the Snowshed carpet slope also. Can only assume there blowing GN also down to mid Chute from North Ridge.

yeggous

They are never, ever first top to bottom. Most years they are weeks behind other areas:

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Couple people skiing it now!

Attachments

• 1448141969320.jpg
    1448141969320.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 176

yeggous

You haven't a clue. They'll be TTB before bird day.

How's your hill doing?

They were blowing top to bottom today. Last year they were top-to-bottom with 30% more vertical than K1 offers a full two weeks before Killington got open to the bottom. If they want it they'll beat K-mart to the bottom this year too, even with all that extra vertical they'll need to cover.

K-mart is already well over a month behind Monday River in getting to the bottom. At least there it is a fair fight on the vertical they need to cover.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I see more people smoking at K than anywhere else; often times in the lift line. I'm a former smoker, so I'm not judging the act. However, when I did smoke I went out of my way to make sure I smoked in a location where others didn't have to smell it.

steamboat1

What really impressed me today was how many people were smoking. I even saw one snowboarder smoking while heading down the slope.

Meet Mary

attachment.php

Attachments

• 525x525px-LL-dbc7d51c_vbattach295788.jpg
    525x525px-LL-dbc7d51c_vbattach295788.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited: