• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good ski towns with more tourists in summer than winter

Warp Daddy

How many places in Lake George actually stay open in the winter? I bet at least the major chain hotels do. If I lived closer, a weekend with Gore and West Mountain would seem pretty attractive if lodging was cheap.[/QUOTE

We ski Gore several multiple day trips every year and stay in Lake George and Queensbury strip ,several decent reasonable places to stay and beaucoup restaurants .

dlague

But there are also quite a few Montrealers on the weekends which keeps lodging rates up.

I agree but I grew up in Derby Line and have relatives in Magog and winter is very quite there. There is skier traffic due to the restaurants and the nature of downtown but dollar for dollar Sherbrooke gets more traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

darent

good picture of Parkers Motel in Lincoln NH, a favorite place of mine when I ski 93. they will give good deals if you stay a couple of days.

BenedictGomez

Twenty-five posts in, and I'm going to be the first person to state that most "ski towns" are busier in the summer than in the winter?

I'm pretty surprised by this.

jimk

Twenty-five posts in, and I'm going to be the first person to state that most "ski towns" are busier in the summer than in the winter?

I'm pretty surprised by this.

Maybe a better way to ask the question is which towns within 20 miles of mtns with 2000'+ vertical have a decent supply of motel rooms for $50-$100 per night during ski season?
The towns with the best skiing and cheapest rooms go to top of list, unless, of course, you score a free or nearly free lift ticket from the skiing on the cheap thread to offset a pricey room:lol:

Smellytele

Maybe a better way to ask the question is which towns within 20 miles of mtns with 2000'+ vertical have a decent supply of motel rooms for $50-$100 per night during ski season?
The towns with the best skiing and cheapest rooms go to top of list, unless, of course, you score a free or nearly free lift ticket from the skiing on the cheap thread to offset a pricey room:lol:

That is a totally different line of questioning than was first posted...