• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Whining - nothing to do

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
OK guys, help me out here. Give me a list of outdoor things to do in the wintertime. I don't want to hear any more of this crap that there's nothing to do except stay inside, that it costs too much or it's too hard. Just keep your ideas clean!

Here is a start
Snow angels, toboggan runs, ice skating. Pond sailing, ice fishing, snow mobiling, Mountaintop dining, hockey, skiing, snowshoeing, sledding. ski jumping, racing, shotskis, igloos, ice climbing, snow forts, snowboarding, ice sailing, cross country skiing , snoball fights.... ,snow sculpting, ice carving, snow and maple syrup, tubing, dog sledding, sleigh rides, outdoor hot tubbin'

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Mountaintop dining? Outside? My usual method of mountain top dining in winter is done hurriedly to avoid either my food or me freezing. I mean that of course literally - not figuratively.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
And you forgot snow golfing.

snowgolf.jpg

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
One really snowy year I built a Luge run next to my house for my kids ...well for saucers anyway, bought 4 the same shape. I built 3 high bank turns , Wet it down and shaped it with shovels. It was close to the house so well lit about 100' long . They were out there everyday from December to March! They still talk about it 10yrs later.
It is in the location I used for a waterslide in Summer, Now there older they managed to turn watersliding into a drinking game LOL.