• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon not opening!!

skiberg

What is their problem? Always seems to be some issue with them. I know the weather sucks, but its the same weather at every other mountain as well. Everyone will be open, even in a limited manner, but Cannon.

skiberg

I guess she decided not to run the show at Loon, BW, Wildcat, SR, Stowe, etc, etc, etc.

wtcobb

I question how other areas will fair with temps around 50 Thurs-Fri and likely rain on Friday... Too bad we can't get another foot dump this year!

SIKSKIER

1 week late opening considering what the weather has been is not an "issue".They always need at least a week of sm to open.So far its been 2 days.

skiberg

Thanksgiving is NOT early. It used to be, prior to the advent of snowmaking as we know it. Pretty standard operating procedure to open for this weekend.
Sunapee will be open top to bottom. They do not have the benefit of latitude or elevation. How did they do it?
My complaint is if others can do it Why cant they?

dlague

Cannon has never been known for opening early.

They opened thanksgiving weekend last year. Granted that is not super early but many places have December opening dates. Let's face it - there are something like 60+ ski areas in the northeast and maybe 8 or 9 will be open this weekend. Technically they are early.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

SIKSKIER

Cannon has aimed for the Friday after T-day for maybe 15 years now.nothing new.They dont always get there but thats been the target date for many moons.

skiberg

I disagree. I think Cannon is the only Major resort in NE that will not be open. Mid majors like Ragged, Magic, Bromley may not open, but it looks like every single major ski are in NE, with the exception of Attitash will be operating.

Of course you may consider them Mid-major, but that's for another discussion. They have the resources of a major ski area.

Smellytele

I disagree. I think Cannon is the only Major resort in NE that will not be open. Mid majors like Ragged, Magic, Bromley may not open, but it looks like every single major ski are in NE, with the exception of Attitash will be operating.

Of course you may consider them Mid-major, but that's for another discussion. They have the resources of a major ski area.

What are you disagreeing with?