• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015-16 World Cup

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I love ski racing and, by far, watch it more than any other sport. I switched cable companies a few years ago when Universal Sports came online in order to continue watching. But, now I am going to have switch back to get a deal so I can get Universal HD to watch the races. My new one wants $35 more per month for a package with that channel.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Doing drugs would have been cheaper!

I switched cable companies a few years ago when Universal Sports came online in order to continue watching. But, now I am going to have switch back to get a deal so I can get Universal HD to watch the races. My new one wants $35 more per month for a package with that channel.

Kind of sounds like how a drug dealer operates :thumbdown:. Get you hooked and then charge you more once you can't stop.

Puck it

I love ski racing and, by far, watch it more than any other sport. I switched cable companies a few years ago when Universal Sports came online in order to continue watching. But, now I am going to have switch back to get a deal so I can get Universal HD to watch the races. My new one wants $35 more per month for a package with that channel.
You might want to check on Universal. I think they are not covering skiing any more. NBCSN will be doing it.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/?s=NBC

BenedictGomez

Wait.....I read this and I dont understand if this is....

A) Absolutely fantastic news
B) Charlie Brown having the football pulled out from under him once again

If the full World Cup coverage goes to NBC Sports Network or UniversalHD, AND it will be broadcast live, this is fantastic.

But if by "coverage" they mean it's on a 6, 16, 47 hour tape delay, or I have to stream it on a tablet then I'm not impressed.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer. Still stinks. Maybe I can get back into the routine again of intentionally not reading sports websites, or checking FB, and staying off alpinezone for a few days etc....

One of the key channels for skiing and snowboarding will be Universal HD, a network that began in 2004 and presently carries replays of skiing events

Last edited:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
It was much better IMHO when it was on Universal Sports Network like it had been the last few seasons. Set the DVR once and poof you get every race. Now it will be all over.

http://www.nbcsports.com/olympic-sports-schedule

Some races on UniversalHD, some streaming and some on NBCSports. And most are broadcast online and don't appear to be on demand. Not good at all from my perspective.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I stopped watching Universal three years ago. If I remember, they had a lot of drivel commentators, like the Olympics commentators who don't know a double axle from a double rotation or a binding from a crampon.

BenedictGomez

Some races on UniversalHD, some streaming and some on NBCSports. And most are broadcast online and don't appear to be on demand. Not good at all from my perspective.

It's not good at all in that a LOT of the live stuff is streaming, and then it's played via tape 4 or 5 hours later or the next day. But this is actually an incremental positive for me as the last few years I haven't been able to get the (now defunct) channel at all. And at least a fair number of the events will be televised live, which is good.

BenedictGomez

And if there's any AZ newbies here or just as a reminder, please confine talk of results to World Cup thread for the people who will be wont be live streaming but do want to watch the replay 6 or 16 hours later.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Svindal was smokin' today.

Bad crash at the Men's downhill in France today by Matthias MAYER, Olympic DH winner. Vonn went off course in Ladies DH, but did not crash. This is the heli evac of Mayer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MAYER Matthias dec2015.2.jpg
    MAYER Matthias dec2015.2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 78
  • MAYER Matthias dec2015.jpg
    MAYER Matthias dec2015.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 77

VTKilarney

Thanks to his airbag, bruising only. He is a lucky guy.

Not much snow in those photos!