• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

11/30/2015 Weekly Skiing on the Cheap thread

abc

On the weather sub-forum, we've been having reasonable success with a weekly weather discussion. The thread title always have the dates on them so it's easy to spot.

Anyone can start them. And if you're looking for information for the coming week, just post something on that thread to bring it up to the top. Once the date passed, it drops off. Sometimes there're even two of them being active at the same time, but the dates on the title is easy to distinguish which one is for which week.

I think it could be useful to have something like that here for deals pertaining to the coming week. Especially this time of the year when the mountains are offering tons of new deals daily. What do you all think?

As for the 50 page long main thread for skiing on the cheap, let's face it, it's totally impossible to find anything in there. So much so deals get posted over and over again because there's no way to tell if it's already been posted.

steamboat1

Well for the first contribution next Fri.-Sun, 12/4-12/6 is ski club/council days at Stowe. Tickets for ski club/council members will be $45. I might be there Fri.

Smellytele

Cannon -
Ski for Hunger Food Drive - December 5

Food collected benefits the Good Neighbor Food Pantry in Franconia, NH. Bring 4 non-perishable food items to Guest Services in the Notchview Lodge and receive 50% off your full-day ticket that day!

Ragged:
Ragged-Benefit-Day-print-%281.jpg

VTKilarney

If I knew how to program, a calendar would be awesome. This would allow people to plan ahead. But I'm way too stupid to do such a thing.

abc

Well for the first contribution next Fri.-Sun, 12/4-12/6 is ski club/council days at Stowe. Tickets for ski club/council members will be $45. I might be there Fri.
OK, I guess this thread is the first one.

(I can't edit the title. But hopefully, the following week will have title with appropriate dates in them.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Changed thread title and stickied the thread. It will be unstuck next Monday when someone starts the next weekly thread.

MEtoVTSkier

Not sure it needs to be stickied... too many stickies now so that I barely pay attention to them. Odds are as the week goes on, next weeks thread will be started with deals that start popping up this week. Possibly even 3 threads with the Christmas/Holiday stuff about to explode... just let them fall off the bottom so we can see how it's going to work. Less work for the mods that way too...

"SOTC 11/31-12/6"

"SOTC 12/7-12/13"

"SOTC 12/14-12/20"

"SOTC 12/21-12/27"

e.c.t, e.c.t.....

deadheadskier

Staff member
I agree that there can be too many stickies, but I would think people would want quick access to a SOTC thread given how popular they are no?

MEtoVTSkier

Yes, but if there is something new and relevant on a particular weeks thread, odds are, it's going to stay on page 1 for the week anyhow..

Smellytele

purchase Killington lift tickets, valid any day, for just $69. That’s a savings of as much as $27, but hurry, this price is only good until midnight, November 30.