• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"... home to Southern Vermont's most advanced terrain"

steamboat1

I believe there is a South Wallingford, East Wallingford as well as Wallingford itself. Wallingford & South Wallingford are along Rt.7. You can usually find gas for a few cents cheaper in Rutland than in Wallingford.

HowieT2

I believe there is a South Wallingford, East Wallingford as well as Wallingford itself. Wallingford & South Wallingford are along Rt.7. You can usually find gas for a few cents cheaper in Rutland than in Wallingford.

true. its usually about $.07/gallon cheaper in rutland but the wife prefers the bathroom at the gas station in wallingford.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I dunno. I thought that a town was defined by its boundaries. I didn't realize that the extent of a town is only what lies directly beneath a traffic light within the town. If that's failing at geography, consider me very happy to be failing.

Bu the way, do you want to tell the state that they need to update their maps, or would you like me to relay the message on your behalf? Because this map shows Wallingford as being WAAAY bigger than just a square foot or two under a traffic light.

I'll get the highway department on the phone right away. LOL!

Tin

Give_405771_419803.gif

VTKilarney

Don't be insulting. Magnetic declination in Wallingford is 14° 12' W ± 0° 22' changing by 0° 3' E per year.

Puck it

This is really going to F you guys up. Since when is Canada south of the US. In Windsor Ont.!!!!!! Mind blowing huh!!!!

witch hobble

East Wallingford is just off 103 between Ludlow and Rutland, on the Mill River. Wallingford proper is on 7, where Roaring Brook enters Otter Creek.

Another geographical oddity: on the Poultney River, north of Whitehall, you can stand in NY and look off towards the West and be looking at Vermont.

VTKilarney

Another geographical oddity: on the Poultney River, north of Whitehall, you can stand in NY and look off towards the West and be looking at Vermont.
I've always wished that there was a road that crossed that part of Vermont. It would be cool to say that you drove through Vermont in just a few minutes.