• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England Ticket Prices

BenedictGomez

The AIG investment payback to the US Gov was not derived from Stowe operations.

Neither was Stowe's expansion expenditures paid by taxpayer's as you've bizarrely alleged.

Even by conspiracy theory standards, yours is easily refutable & bizarre. And even if you were correct (and you're not), it wouldn't matter in the least bit because the money was not only fully repaid, but fully and quickly repaid at a profit.

Not to mention, the master plan for Spruce's massive re-development was being formulated way back when I worked out of Spruce Peak, and that was back in the early-2000s. I recall hearing about and talking much about it, which building would go where, lift changes, the framework of the fancy improvements, etc.... So for someone as "low-information" as yourself regarding the world of finance, let me help explain to you that this was YEARS before the subprime disaster that led to the mortgage-meltdown and the collapse in liquidity.

In short, you're worse than the "idiot" you've called others, what you've said here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on AlpineZone is now dumber for having listened to you. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

jaybird

Gomez.

Learn grammar and punctuation.
Don't care about your judgment or need you invoking God's blessing upon me.
Your opinion is inconsequential.

Ba Bye

jaybird

Self appointed financial king Gomez...
If so easily verifiable, post evidence and close the discussion.

and lame ... Technical foul on DHS ... deletes topic posts when panties get too tight.
I now understand why so many people find this to be a dolt-infested forum.

:puke:

steamboat1

Stowe would never go private, its partially on leased state land. I would guess that their lease also requires that the resort remain for public use.

The Heritage Club is on National Forest Service land & Plymouth Notch (formerly Bear Creek) is in Coolidge State Park. Both areas are private.

wtcobb

In short, you're worse than the "idiot" you've called others, what you've said here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on AlpineZone is now dumber for having listened to you. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A simple "no" would have in no way done just fine here, so good job.

mbedle

The current trail network at Plymouth Notch is not in the state forest and it doesn't have a lease with Vermont. As far as Haystack, that was forced into a private situation during the SKI sale. But yes, it is on lease land from the USFS and the town of Wilmington.Also pretty sure that Haystack allows a small number of public people to ski at the resort. The sale from SKI dictated 250 public access and the Haystack Club was to allow 450 tickets to Wilmington residents. to sure where that stands now with the new owners.

Farleyman

$93 at Bretton woods now. What a joke haha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JDMRoma

Where is that? I see $69 until 12/24 on their site.

Tins right ! They just upped the price to $69 until after Christmas. Then it goes up to $89

dlague

Tins right ! They just upped the price to $69 until after Christmas. Then it goes up to $89

starting the 26th. Which is the full window rate. No thank you, if I ski BW it will be Sunday afternoons for $25.

VTKilarney

That's ambitious, but they have a captive hotel audience with lots of cash.

drjeff

In a weird sort of way, many resorts with a decent amount of lodging near by might very well charge full prices x-mas week even if there's far less than 1/4 - 1/3rd of the terrain open as a way to almost discourage some day trip traffic and limit additional on hill skier/rider density