• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Chicago Ridge cat skiing, 12/12/15 - Double Eject!

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Took a film crew from a Denver TV station up the North Basin of the Ridge yesterday. It was the first tour of the season on Chicago Ridge, so everything was bottomless and totally uncompacted. Instead of grabbing a pair of fatties from the rental shop, I (in my ever-present bump skier pride) decided to ride my 66-waist Hart F17 WCs. Found some nice 36"+ areas. Got a little too forward and took a huge dive and double-ejected. Good times! Might even air on TV, though the camera lens fogged up just before it happened. But WOW... that was an epic run!

(quick sidebar for those who aren't familiar: Chicago Ridge is a 2,600 acre snowcat-served area at Ski Cooper near Leadville, CO)

Video:

slatham

My brothers have skied it! I want to give it a try too - they say its awesome. And ironically, my brother-in-law lives in Warren. I presume your "bush" reference is for Sugarbush? Send some of that snow our way, its hurting up north.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
My brothers have skied it! I want to give it a try too - they say its awesome. And ironically, my brother-in-law lives in Warren. I presume your "bush" reference is for Sugarbush? Send some of that snow our way, its hurting up north.

Yeah, started my career at Sugarbush: snowmaking, facilities, marketing, guest services, and grooming. Good times.

Sorry to hear about the weather woes in that part of the country. But I'm reveling in our bounty at the moment! 4" tonight so far. Tomorrow's going to be a powder day!

If you make it out this way, let me know. We'll take some runs.