• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about a never-ever forum?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Have we tried this before?

A forum for the rank beginner who doesn't know a snowplow from a snow pile. A place you can ask the most ignorant of questions and get mature, helpful information. Nothing judgmental. Everything like "should I ski this weekend, it's raining? to where can I buy cheap ski gear? Why does one foot seem to turn but the other doesn't?"

The reply would be very different for a newbie versus a bark-eater of course, which is why a segregated group without snickers and abuse is essential.

I suppose there are a million FAQ's out there, but perhaps the newbie has a very specific question to a very specific issue about him or her. I'd certainly be willing to contribute to that.

boston_e

Worth a try... however how many people really pick up skiing in their adult life and would be posting on here, vs skied their whole life?

hammer

Worth a try... however how many people really pick up skiing in their adult life and would be posting on here, vs skied their whole life?
I'm one and I remember at least a few other members who also started "later in life".

Guess I'm not sure why we would need a separate subforum, I don't get the impression that newbies get abuse from the regulars here. If it would help to increase the membership I'm all for it though...

WWF-VT

Have we tried this before?

A forum for the rank beginner who doesn't know a snowplow from a snow pile. A place you can ask the most ignorant of questions and get mature, helpful information. Nothing judgmental. Everything like "should I ski this weekend, it's raining? to where can I buy cheap ski gear? Why does one foot seem to turn but the other doesn't?"

The reply would be very different for a newbie versus a bark-eater of course, which is why a segregated group without snickers and abuse is essential.

I suppose there are a million FAQ's out there, but perhaps the newbie has a very specific question to a very specific issue about him or her. I'd certainly be willing to contribute to that.

Sounds like the Barking Bear Forums at EpicSki which already as that ground covered

dlague

This thread will die and the beginner will never find it! However you did mention forum - the forever-evers will likely never go there to give advice. Currently the approach where a beginner finds AZ and posts a new thread seems to work well.

Damn snow needs to arrive - people are thinking too much!

Last edited:

Smellytele

This thread will die and the beginner will never find it! However you did mention forum - the forever-evers will likely never go there to give advice. Currently the approach where a beginner finds AZ and posts a new thread seems to work well.

Damn snow need to arrive - people are thinking too much!

+1

kartski

I came from a non-skiing Family and didn't try it until I got out of the Service. Didn't have the money before. There must be others.