• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Sunapee suspends operations until Sunday, December 20 2015

yeggous

At least Wildcat continues to push new terrain. They opened Snowcat last weekend, and were blowing down to Middle Polecat the last two days. Progress has been painfully slow, but I keep reminding myself that they are in much better shape than two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

I just noticed Pats Peak has also rented extra compressors.

deadheadskier

Staff member
At least Wildcat continues to push new terrain. They opened Snowcat last weekend, and were blowing down to Middle Polecat the last two days. Progress has been painfully slow, but I keep reminding myself that they are in much better shape than two years ago.

This weekend's production will be interesting to see. I have to imagine they get all of Polecat down to the base. Can they get something off the Bobcat chair as well for the race teams is what I'm curious to see. Or do they go for Upper Catapult?

yeggous

This weekend's production will be interesting to see. I have to imagine they get all of Polecat down to the base. Can they get something off the Bobcat chair as well for the race teams is what I'm curious to see. Or do they go for Upper Catapult?

I expect they spend the weekend blowing on Polecat to the bottom. That is a long and winding trail so it probably take a lot of capacity. That would allow them to move to Upper Catapult when base temps are too warm. They can link in Upper Catapult to Upper Lynx when it is ready.

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's what I'm anticipating as well. Having the third option off the top of the quad will be key for the holidays

Riverskier

Thankful I ski Sunday River... Was there yesterday and great cover on most trails (Sunday Punch and South Ridge are a mess), and a decent number of options given the weather. This is in part due to their commitment to make snow whenever possible, including Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week. They also made snow last week and were able to open new terrain. Don't get me wrong, they have a third of the terrain open that they typically would, so a crappy start for them just like everyone else, but I have had 7 great days there so far this season. I ski midweek though, I would imagine weekends are a shit show.

giantfan

They re-opened yesterday. From the report:

"We are open with top-to-bottom skiing and riding on five trails including Skyway Ledges, Westside, Upper Blast Off, Lower Blast Off and Toboggan Chute. That's more than two miles of terrain for intermediate and advanced skiers and riders. We do not have any novice or beginner terrain open.

We have been making snow around the clock since Friday night on 10 trails and we will continue all night tonight. It finally felt like winter on Sunday with a little light snow in the morning and temps in the 30’s. Monday looks like another great day to be up on the mountain with partly sunny skies and highs in the 30’s again. The Sunapee Express high-speed quad will be operating today offering over 1,400 feet of vertical descent."