• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Come to beautiful Upstate NY and ski 3 FEET of Powder Sunday

Cornhead

The stars are finally f'n aligning, looks probable that Snow Ridge will be opening for the season Sunday. The LES machine has finally begun to spin. I know it's only 500 ft of vert, but I'll take it over the WROD's elsewhere. They'll be closed again by Christmas, near 60° again by then, ugh.

Now there's an EB5 project I could get behind, how about building a 2,000 ft man-made mountain on the Tug Hill Plataue? Screw the water parks, golf courses, and ice rinks.

Last edited:

chuckstah

Have fun. Sounds great. My best "pow" day this year was four inches and it was melted before three.

Cornhead

I hear you, 4 days so far for me, mostly Spring conditions except one day at K. I am stoked, bought fatties for the first time, should be fun. Don't even have to blow off work, bonus. Hopefully January will finally start to at least cool off. Keeping my fingers crossed things will keep pumping at Snow Ridge, it is a very cool place.

Cornhead

It ain't downstate, or down state, that's for sure. It should put me in my happy state, or was that happystate?

Dick Gazinya

Who cares what it's called. You pusses aren't going to be going there anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zyk

From their Facebook page...
We will b open tomorrow from 10 to 4. We have received 20 inches and its still coming down. There will be no grooming, no beginner terrain, no rentals...

Tempted to skip work and pretend all my obligations tomorrow don't exist.

Dick Gazinya

4682d64857f238935f81cf87253e8ab7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk