• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Christmas week...

Ticks northward has been the trend over the past 24 hours. Pretty good thump for the ski areas as we narrow in, but the sleet and wintery mix line seems to be knocking on the doorstep of Mt. Snow to around Keene NH. Gradient appears to be on a northwest to southeast slant, typical for this type of system.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
18z and 00z GFS models both came back a bit more precipitous and a bit more southern. I like...a lot. I think that with Monday's very cold temperatures the snow will stick around longer than predicted. I see a foot plus for mid-mountain elevations from the NH/VT/Mass border and north. I would not be surprised if this remains an all-snow event from 3500' and up.

USA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_072.jpg

Tin

Decent for the places hurting in the Berks and Southern VT.

MaxSnowWeb.png

ScottySkis

If it doesn't snow down at all the mountains this week it my fault because getting snow tires on car now.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

catsup948

The EURO seems to have won this one. More snow north and east. Green Spine 6-8" all the way up. Berkshire East hopefully 6". 6-10" for the whites and maybe more than that in Maine. Surface temps will be very cold while the mid layers warm significantly and keep snow totals down after the initial front end thump.

8 inches will be difficult to come by in NH. I would lean 4-6 inches, maybe less if the sleet comes in faster :/

yeggous

At this point...sleet is base building...:)

Sleet can make an awesome skiing surface. Ever hit it the morning after a heavy sleet storm? It holds an edge incredibly well. You can tip it waaaaay over.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

john1200c

A little bit of sleet mixing in in North Conway from time to time. I'd say about 6 inches so far....