• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 12-27

drjeff

The snow surface resembles cookies cream ice cream - mainly white with some distinct black pieces and some black smears.

Drizzle/light rain for all 5hrs, 25 runs and 37k vertical feet I skied. The bubble makes skiing in the rain tolerable.

We need cold and snow!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was in Stowe visiting friends this weekend. Didn't ski. The town felt like midweek in March

drjeff

I was in Stowe visiting friends this weekend. Didn't ski. The town felt like midweek in March

Same down South - ugly!! Hoping for HUGE crowds the rest of the season!! My person larger number of runs a day that small/smaller crowds get me ISN'T worth the financial benefit that my friends, the small and larger business owners of this region, would miss out on after this horror show of a Christmas week!!

MommaBear

I had 3 skiers/boarders that skied yesterday (2 on passes, 1 purchased ticket), but when they saw the rain this morning, opted to sleep in instead because yesterday's conditions weren't great and they figured it would only be worse today. It is really sad seeing the brown mountain and such small crowds. The past weeks had very few trails open, but great conditions on what was open. This weekend, not so much.

drjeff

I had 3 skiers/boarders that skied yesterday (2 on passes, 1 purchased ticket), but when they saw the rain this morning, opted to sleep in instead because yesterday's conditions weren't great and they figured it would only be worse today. It is really sad seeing the brown mountain and such small crowds. The past weeks had very few trails open, but great conditions on what was open. This weekend, not so much.

The snow (what was there) combined with the lack of crowds had today (Sunday)had skiing today, much better than the bullet proof and higher skier density of yesterday (Saturday) - as long as you had enough Gore-tex on it wasn't a terrible day....

Glenn

We left SoVT around 1PM yesterday hoping that traffic would be lighter with the game going on....wishful thinking!

We did see a good amount of non green plates heading north on 91 and many vehicles had racks or boxes on the roof. Here's to hoping people at least come up for a few days and shop and eat in the area.

Best vehicle I spotted was an SUV with a roof box and a hitch mounted bike rack with three mountain bikes. Guess they planed on doing it all...

JayGlobe

The snow (what was there) combined with the lack of crowds had today (Sunday)had skiing today, much better than the bullet proof and higher skier density of yesterday (Saturday) - as long as you had enough Gore-tex on it wasn't a terrible day....

Hi - I'm a reporter with the Boston Globe. Doing a story on ski conditions this holiday week(s) in New England. Wondering if anyone wanted to chat later today, via phone, for the story. Must be on the record with full name. Shoot me an email at jayfitzmedia@gmail if you're interested. And good luck with today's snow, as little as it may be. Thx. ... Jay Fitz