• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats peak race night Feb 12th night 5

Vortex

Pats peak Corporate Monday night Race
Monday Feb 12th
Temps 32 at Arrival. Steadily going down a bit Windy up top. calm on most of the mountain
Conditions MMPP some hard pack MM. Very edgeable

I'll get to the report when I feel like it.:idea:

Props 1st. Tree_skier was very sick with the Flu when he heard we were short on racers he fought though it and came and did his runs. Did not look good and was not at his best result, but effort was top notch.

SkiBum9995 blew off work sort of to get his runs in. He got a buddy to cover for him and buzzed off to work.
Very good job by both.

Hanging out, Ga2ski , Soctt and I hung around for the promo stuff after alot of laughs.

Ga2ski won a shirt and a lift ticket. Scott and I won nothing.

Highlight was the Apres ski race film viewing. I crashed pretty big time on my 2nd run. Scott and Ga2ski were right behind me. Scott did a one ski jump and avoided my 30 yard. yard sale. Ga2ski jumped my boards to the delight of all in the bar. I was asked if I needed a sled. My pride and arm both suffered serious hits.:razz: I iced my arm in the bar and when I got home. Bit of pain, but okay. Roark and Charlie were not around Roark
on vacation and Charlie is a bit dinged up. Ow Scott and Ga2ski got re-runs. ow ya the results.:dunce:
http://www.patspeak.com/results/moni.txt
http://www.patspeak.com/results/mont.txt
http://www.patspeak.com/results/mons.htm

individual finishes
ME 3rd
Tree_skier 6th ( fighting the flu)
Ga2ski 14th
Scott 19th
SkiBum995 23rd

Nice grouping there. (Jeff the best racer was injured and did not Race)

Team points Ga2ski 8.63 Me 8.30, tree_skier, 8.28 Scott 6.08 and SkiBum9995 5.28
Glad to have Scott and his points back this week. Ga2ski is giving us many points with the good finishes and his tele handicap.
We finished 1st as a team again, but competition is heating up.

Great night Great fun. Send Charlie some get well vibes.:daffy:

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
I heard Charlie was on the DL. Get well buddy! Nice results again!

hammer

Missed you folks...I was doing laps on the Vortex double until they closed it just before 8. Most runs I had the trails all to myself.

Twister was the trail to be on last night...with the wind up Squall Line, I was having to pole to get to the lift.:-?

Saw someone doing a few tele turns at the end of the race course. Didn't know if it was Ga2ski but the turns looked real nice.

I didn't see any crashes on the course but it must have been a pretty good one...fortunately there were no major injuries.:smile:

Again, thanks for the discounts...makes for a good midweek workout.

Vortex

You using the discounts make my day.

Ga2ski is real tall. Dark coat light pants. The other good Tele guy is in yellow. We always grab a table upstairs in the lounge Apres. Please look for us, easy to find.

ga2ski

Last night was fun. Thanks again to Tree_skier for being trooper. As a result I have "free gift" for your PMs.

Bob came in third with a stellar run.

I was surprised at my results as I thought my runs were nothing great. So here I am coming down the course for my second run about 5 gates from the finish and having a decent run. I look ahead a couple of gates and see some skis but think they are off the course. Much to my surprise they are on the course and there is this little guy looking wousy waving his arms for me to stop like a munchkins from the Wizard of OZ. I didn't know if i would get a rerun or not so I jumped cleared both skis and continued through the course. It was definitely a one time moment.

Bob- glad you are alright.

See you all next week.

hammer

You using the discounts make my day.

Ga2ski is real tall. Dark coat light pants. The other good Tele guy is in yellow. We always grab a table upstairs in the lounge Apres. Please look for us, easy to find.
Thanks for the invite...I had to get home anyway.

You picked a good night to race...the school crowds are definitely lower on Mondays.

roark

Great results!

Wish I'd seen the jump.

ga2ski got the bar excited last year with his one ski on, one ski pumping in his hand finish last year as well. As well as the tele-tuck a couple weeks prior. What a show-off ;)